Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quakewars Night ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Volcano and Island I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

ye love island :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Thems 2 class maps

Seems like we should have enough for 8v8 anyway.
    I suggest we meet up in #quakewars.ie at around 8:20ish and take it from there looking to start at 8:30 ,it'll never happen on time :) We can put the server details in the topic for those who arrive late.

We can use the HIV teamspeak server games3.iol.ie:8777 I'll create some channels for the game. Do people want subchannels for squads ?

As far as the server to use, we've a choice we can either take a private (smartgaming) or grab a ranked one either the hiv or pop one and kick people whose aren't name isn't on the list if a space is required.

Note if you want to join in get teamspeak and set your mic up ahead of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

So the tormentor is in aye ?

:D

• Advertisement

Everything and anything is in.

but perhaps we should make a no railgun rule for max :)

im gonna go rocket launcher man jus to shoot tormentors outta the skys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Good fun tonight all, sorry couldnt talk..

Defo have to do it again

yeah was a good night..good laugh :D

hopefully itll happen every week or so from now on :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

GG's all.

Teams consisted of PoP with Crimper, Igster and Maximillion vs TiG with RevHellfire and Static.ie.

First map played was Volcano with PoP and friends attacking as Strogg. GDF held the 1st Objective till around the 15 min mark. Then Strogg where able to hack the controlls, blow the panel and the core with 5 or so seconds left.

With TiG Inc as Strogg PoP Inc where able to hold the 1st objective till around the 18 min mark. The map ended with the control panel intact with PoP Inc having a full hold.

On to island. After a great start with the generator build within 2 mins PoP Inc as GDF where able to blow the doors quickly and ended the map with 12 mins on the clock. Pyro did cause some annoyance in the air might I say.

That gave TiG Inc 8 mins to complete all the objectives. PoP lost the generator at around the 6 min mark, with the data safe blown soon after but by then it was too late. We did finish out the map and TiG Inc completed the task with around 7 mins left.

Great games there on two excellent maps. When the game is played with coms and in teams like that it is top notch. Sorry about the server problems. I'll ensure the match config is fixed for the next games. Sorry if my times are slightly out by the way, they should be fairly close.

Final score PoP Inc 4 - 0 TiG Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Sorry couldn't make it, had a GPL league race. Looking forward to the next one :)

GG's last night really enjoyed them. Are we doing the same again next week? If so what maps and times etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

Aye gg's there last night. Good to see a good turnout on the irish servers like that.

Hopefully more games to come.

Was a good laugh alright.

Same time again next week ?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Really enjoyable. The shouting on TS as time was ticking away on volcano and we were frantically trying to get drones into the core was quite funny. Lads, your language is appalling :)

Yeah sorry about that Max. TS needs to be short and to the point though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

you didnt post this result on your homepage did you? a fun game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

it would be handy if the Game Info was posted here (Server IP etc)

I spent 30 min installing TS, then mIRC trying to find the server info :)

.. although Im sorted now for the next time!

<-- I definetly need to go off and learn the maps, I spent a good deal of time somewhat lost, mind you I spent the rest of the time trying to figure out which end of the gun to point at people.

My notes from last night, include

"You have to Arm Mines after you plant them...(That one took a while)" and
    "Dont follow grenades"

you didnt post this result on your homepage did you? a fun game?

????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 David K

????

since when was this a serious game ?
    thought it was mixed teams meself,no rules,just have fun & such
    seems I was wrong :confused:

It wasn't a serious game and there weren't any rules.
    Although it did divide down the TiG v POP line.

It'll be the same again next weekend.

No one said it was a serious game, it was fun etc. It was however TiG and non clanned guys vs PoP and non clanned guys. I viewed the result as a result, and as we need results on our homepage to be considered part of ED thats what I used it for.

If its such a bone of contention, as it seems to be, then I will remove it. It would also seem that my match report above, which was only for fun, also seems to have been taken in the wrong context. Again it seems the possibility of organised gaming events in the Irish scene fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 molc

Lets keep clan matches and the like out of these fun nights. They're not clan matches after all. This is the boards community getting together and having a laugh. Now, back to topic...

Nothing wrong with your match report, leave it. Anyone could see that its open game.
    The simple fact is TiG and PoP have the largest grouping of players so it makes sense to split the game on those lines. Hell even informal little groups like ours (aka max and nog) play on the same side.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

"Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who - this is a happy occasion!" -Monty Python

Some great games there last night I think for all involved and I hope that all had a good time and a good laugh. Well it's only natural in games like this to have a competetive edge I think we should be clear that it a more a gathering of irish gamers to play ET:QW than a clan v clan event.

From last night I saw some exceptional play and tactics in the approaches both sides took to the offence and defence as well as some classic mistakes both made. I would hope that we can experience a lot more fun scrim sundays and that they continue to be as challenging and fun as this first one was.

So as I said at the start let's not bicker and argue because that's pointless and counter productive to the gaming scene in large and taking another quote from monty python lets just "GET ON WITH IT!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sorry to create a zombie quake thread but I've just picked up QW and I was wondering if there were any games still going on ?

From a few things I've read it eems that public servers are chock full of cheating gits.

There haven't been any in a while, largely I assume because no one has bothered to organise any :) You've just volunteered :p

Advertisement