Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Update Software

• 09-10-2007 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

Was given a cheap GPS unit as a gift. Can't find a link to the item but I've found one on eBay that seems to run the same software:

The unit I have has the Windows CE sticker on it.

I've heard it's possible to Hack Windows CE so I can install other software, like TomTom. Does anyone know how to do this?

The GPS software on it at the moment is TeleAtlas but I don't know what version and I've been onto TeleAtlas but they can't tell me what upgrades to download.

I'm a bit if a NooB to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've also heard that updates can be sent over by a Canadian Cousin. Are these easy to install?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

LinkThis link shows how it could be done with an Aytobe (I;m not commenting on how it is recommended to get the tomtom software but lets just assume that you have it).

The first part is to get the wince desktop. This involves using activesync and updating the flash storage. I have no idea if the same files could be used for yours as the aytobe. Maybe google it for your particlar device and someone might have a correct backup file for your model and the right flash storage file.

Once you get the wince desktop its relatively straightforward if you have a copy of the relevant sat nav software such as tomtom.

Just make sure you back up everything before you start messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Thanks Walshki.

There's no USB port on the model I have. I fact there's actually no make, model or serial number on the thing!!!

From what I've read I need to rename the exe file from the new Software to MobileNavigator.exe and that should do the trick. I might even do up a simple batch file in case.

Fingers crossed it will work!!!

Advertisement