Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you wear a Claddagh ring?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just a silly poll.

Claddagh ring 44 votes

Male, would wear ring
    0% 0 votes
    Female, would wear ring
    34% 15 votes
    Male, would not wear ring
    25% 11 votes
    Female, would not wear ring
    40% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

poll .. without the poll :P ? edit: poll just showed up

Don't think I'd wear one as a wedding band ... I like them on girls I don't like them on me ...

I've bought two as presents before and the people in question loved them I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The poll is there now, sorry.
    Took the wedding stuff out, don't want ppl to get ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I like the idea of the Claggagh ring and what it symbolises (easy to spot single birds for the blokes!) but just not keen on the ring itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I have one.

when my hands are idle, I'm always playing with my ring!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Had one, lost it, it was a school graduation ring, not the traditional one, but had the symbol, was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Not a chance, can't stand rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

cockring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

My dad was talkin to a guy who owns a jewelery shop in town the other day, he said that an American guy came into his shop lookin for a Claddagh ring but he wanted it backwards because he was single! The owner told him that all you had to do was turn the ring upside down. But the Yank just couldn't get it into his head and was insisting that he wanted a backwards Claddagh ring.

Eventually the owner said to the guy to come back in 5 mins and he'd have one made up for him. All the owner did was turn the ring upside down in the box and the Yank came back and was delighted that he eventually found the ring he wanted!! He even asked how much extra it cost because he thought the ring had just been made :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Thought about getting it about a tattoo at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

DonalN wrote:
    I have one.

when my hands are idle, I'm always playing with my ring!

that sounds sooo bad :eek: :eek:

i cant seem to wear anykind of jewelry.. just feels weird, cant wear rings either cos they get in the way when playing guitar and i dont want to scratch the fret board :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

I wear one. My bf got it for me a few years back! Once thought I had lost it and cried... I think claddagh rings are lovely, but only in silver. Gold is so tacky imo. Would be a pretty cool tattoo MattKid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

The Queen wrote:
    Gold is so tacky imo.
    Not if its accompanied by a peaked burberry cap, a striped Fred Perry jumper and yer tracksuit pants tucked into your socks....highth of class!:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I purchased a very detailed Cladagh years ago. Wouldn't be without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

got given one as a prefect ring in school, stood on it, broke it, dont wear it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

The Queen wrote:
    I wear one. My bf got it for me a few years back! Once thought I had lost it and cried... I think claddagh rings are lovely, but only in silver. Gold is so tacky imo. Would be a pretty cool tattoo MattKid!

It would be cool but leave me destined to be a lonely batchelor for life. Or if I got it done when I get married, I think it would just tempt fate!

Advertisement