Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re-Mapping a 320D

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:36am
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Anyone here get their E46 320D (150bhp) re-mapped and if so, what sort of gains can be expected? Thinking of getting it done as I've heard it's a good candidate for re-mapping and can add nearly 40bhp and 60Nm of torque.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What year is it? I wouldn't risk mapping an 02-03 one due to weak turbo

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

it's a '02. Hadn't heard that before. In what way is it a 'weak' Turbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

LFCFan wrote:
    it's a '02. Hadn't heard that before. In what way is it a 'weak' Turbo?

google it, very high chance of turbo/inlet manifold swirl flap failure on 2002 cars - I wouldn't touch a 2002 engine if you gave me one for free. My 320d had a replacement engine and turbo in 2004

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 E003YRJ

very popular on 320D for the turbo 2 go... with u re-mappin it ur only increasin the chances of this happenin... you'll just open up a whole new batch of problems which, maybe u havent heard before are on going with that model....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

You will get good results but as said previously beware of the history of blown turbo's. I have remapped many cars before but i noticed the other day in my new cars manual that there is a notice in it that any engine mods may cause serious damage and will invalidate the warranty so i wont be remapping this car.

• Advertisement
Advertisement