Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling electronic equpment

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all!
    Could anyone advise me what should I do with old electronic equipment (broken - scrap) as it is not allowed to put such items in normal waste bins? :confused: I have a couple of old VCD/DVD players and PCs to throw away...
    Which recycling facilities do take them?
    I live near Ardee - so Drogheda and Dundalk are within my quick reach.
    If anyone could advise of addresses, opening hours and fees, I will be very grateful. :D

Thank you,
    Rafal

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

VW Recycling Centre on the Newry Road in Dundalk (Ph: 042-9329200). It's €2 in the gate. They may charge you per unit, give them a call for opening hours etc. I couldn't find anything on the interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

The centre in Drogheda also takes electrical items - run by the same company as Dundalk (www.vandwrecycling.ie). The Drogheda centre is on the Mell Road (close to the M1 retail park - Woodies, etc), and is open 6 days per week, Saturdays till 3pm. Think it's 9.30 or 10am - 5 on the other days.

It's €2 entry as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

gipi wrote: »
    The centre in Drogheda also takes electrical items - run by the same company as Dundalk (www.vandwrecycling.ie). The Drogheda centre is on the Mell Road (close to the M1 retail park - Woodies, etc), and is open 6 days per week, Saturdays till 3pm. Think it's 9.30 or 10am - 5 on the other days.

It's €2 entry as well.

All this is correct, but just to add that to my knowledge once you pay the €2 you don't have to pay anything else for any electrical items.

General waste gets charged at €6 per bag, but they aren't strict on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 harobed

just one thing... if you have electrical equipment for disposal at recycling centres you do not have to pay a fee for disposal, so when you are at the gate let the person know taht you only have electrical items for disposal and you will not be charged. It is against the law. for further information on this, contact WEEE ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Drogheda 041 9803900 open 9.30am on weekdays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

harobed wrote: »
    just one thing... if you have electrical equipment for disposal at recycling centres you do not have to pay a fee for disposal, so when you are at the gate let the person know taht you only have electrical items for disposal and you will not be charged. It is against the law. for further information on this, contact WEEE ireland

I wasn't aware of that thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Been to the Drogheda one a few times, it's basically laid out into different sections, like cardboard, wood , garden waste, electrical etc etc.

As a general rule if it goes into a section then it's free. We did however have to pay extra to get rid of old paint and a mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Anywhere in Drogheda that takes used motor oil. I've about 15 litres to get rid of? VW Recycling Drogheda doesn't take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

I did a quick google and found this thread -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353746

Nothing listed for Louth, but it does mention Ballealy centre in Lusk which might be close enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭kyosushi

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/index.php

Why not advertise your rubbish on the above site and have people collect it free of charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement