Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The rebirth of the Japanese supercar?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'll have a GT-R please.......take the right kidney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

sti__03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Oh my god, I never ever thought that they could make the STI impreza good looking ... especially after all the criticism the new fastback shape received .. I was thinking there was no possible way they could ever make it meaty and aggressive but they have done it.

Id take it over the evo 10 anyday.

- hardly a supercar though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I dont rate the looks of the GT-R at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I'll probably take the Lexus, but not at whatever daft price they want for it. More Impreza shots here btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

C_Breeze wrote:
    Oh my god, I never ever thought that they could make the STI impreza good looking ... especially after all the criticism the new fastback shape received .. I was thinking there was no possible way they could ever make it meaty and aggressive but they have done it.

Id take it over the evo 10 anyday.

- hardly a supercar though

I disagree, probably the most hideous Impreza I've seen, they've turned it into a Golf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

The Lexus does sound good in that video clip,

Lexus or GT-R ???

Lexus for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The Lexus would be the one I'd pick for now. Looks super and that V10 engine sounds awesome.

The Honda might be the trump card tho when we see what it looks like. The "S2000" on the track looked very fast. Remains to be seen what it will look like tho. The original concept car didn't go down too well aparently. Looks better than the Audi R8 imho:
    Acura_Advanced_Sports_Car_Concept_1.jpgAcura_Advanced_Sports_Car_Concept_1_elevated.jpg
    Acura_Advanced_Sports_Car_Concept_1_side.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

that impreza looks suspeciously like a 1 series (not a good thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Barr wrote:
    that impreza looks suspeciously like a 1 series (not a good thing)

Dunno about a 1 series look-a-like but Lexus and Subaru copying the "Hofmeister kink" is generally a pathetic "me wants to like like that too!" imho

More confident manufacturers don't have to resort to copying tactics like that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

C'mon unkel, who were BMW coping when they incorporated it into their designs all those years (41) ago (and gave it a name)? It appeared according to wikipedia at least 10 years before BMW copied it.

And has been used on tons of cars. It's a bit like saying every convertible is a "me too" to the first one all those years ago. BMW, like Lexus and Subaru in this instance, obviously felt it looked good.

Advertisement