Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another murder

Options
  • 09-10-2007 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Another night, another murder
    Has anyone heard more on this 25 year old gunned down in St Marys
    Is it feud related or is it a whole new kettle of fish
    Just when you thought things are dying down around here, they flare up again :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Dying down? That was the fifth shooting in that area in a week, sorry make that the fifth shooting that was reported and investigated, as there could have been more that did not get reported.

I would expect some retaliation to take place on the opposite side of town soon. Seems to be the way it normally goes.

The Gardai arrested a 20yo and have him held at present at Henry Street.

It is about time that serious sentences start being given to those guilty, with full dsentences being served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

aye, i suppose i used the wrong phrase in 'dying down'
    i meant in terms of murders. The amount of shootings is frightening.
    Whats more frightening is the ever decreasing age of those carrying it out

No value for life and the thought of carrying out a shooting is cool!!!

There is no fear of legal punishment in those people either. They know the legal system will offer them free aid and a puny sentence. Personally I can see things getting an awful lot worse in the next few years, if there is not a serious clamp down, rather than simply talk about clampdowns.

Was the Garda response unit put in place after these high volume of shootings?

Don't know. I would imagine it should have been, but then again, five shooting in a week is not a lot in certain areas anymore. Which is a sad reflection on the times we live in.

The fact the second shooting there last week took place as the Gardai were on the same street investigating the first shooting, just shows the lack of fear these scumbags have at being caught.

• Advertisement

named locally as Gary Grant
    transpires the NRU were already in the area

talk about brazen bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

named locally as Gary Grant

Is that the person who was murdered or the person who was arrested.

~B

person who was murdered
    a 20 year old was arrested near the scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Kess73 wrote:
    Don't know. I would imagine it should have been, but then again, five shooting in a week is not a lot in certain areas anymore. Which is a sad reflection on the times we live in.

The fact the second shooting there last week took place as the Gardai were on the same street investigating the first shooting, just shows the lack of fear these scumbags have at being caught.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/news/bstory.asp?j=233965576&p=z33966z8z&n=233966336

this one sounds similar, aparently there were armed gardai patroling the street seconds befroe this murder was carried out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

utick wrote:
    http://www.eveningecho.ie/news/bstory.asp?j=233965576&p=z33966z8z&n=233966336

this one sounds similar, aparently there were armed gardai patroling the street seconds befroe this murder was carried out

Seconds isn't exactly true!

They were patroling the streets up untill about 8:30 and then it started to rain, so they went to sit in their cars instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Seconds isn't exactly true!

They were patroling the streets up untill about 8:30 and then it started to rain, so they went to sit in their cars instead.

sorry i was just going by what it says in the article.
    i see another polish man also died last night in hospital after being assaulted.
    this is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Plus...A 20 y/o Polish guy has died after the big fight which took place on Ellen Street on Sept 29th. He was in a stable condition in hospital but he took a bad turn over the weekend and died today.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

utick wrote:
    sorry i was just going by what it says in the article.
    i see another polish man also died last night in hospital after being assaulted.
    this is terrible

Tragic indeed but totally unrelated to the other incidents.

Apparently two fellow Polish nationals have been arrested in relation to this brutal assault.

Advertisement