Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

all-in-one home cinema system

• 09-10-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭

can people recommend me a home cinema system please? bear in mind that it's for the sitting room of std 3 bed semi, and will end up as a secondary system within the next 18months once we move house. Silver preferably - tv stands and tv (CRT) are silver. Budget - upto €250

I'm currently considering the following :

philips hts3154 (180 'ish in shops, 142 at pixmania)
    Panasonic SC-PT150 (200 at komplett.ie)
    sony dz230 (250-300 in shops, 208 at pixmania - better sound on this, but no aux in and no usb)
    the samsung ht-x30 is getting v. good reviews at avforums.com - 250 on komplett 279 at dixons

I'm trying to figure out whether the usb and the aux in are really necessary or not for me. Was thinking of the aux in primarily for mp3 player. I do download movies occasionally, so usb may be handy.

Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

abe, i just got the xt30 (but not for myself , as a present) but just to let you know I bargained the guy in Dixons down to Eur250 -you're supposed to buy a tv as well to get it at this price but he let me have the deal on its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Bought the samsung ht-x30 as a gift and it's very good overall and especially for the price.

Advertisement