Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Samsung 37" M87 LCD with 1080p native

• 09-10-2007 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

Sorry for *another* HD thread :)

Am planning to buy this TV for 1238 euro from komplett soon:
    https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333299

Is this a good price? I tried shopping around but haven't found it in Power City, Peats, Currys, Dixons, Dabs or Pixmania - have I forgotten any other shops?

If anybody has one of these sets please let me know your experiences with it. I plan to use it with Xbox 360 Elite over HDMI, Wii over composite, PS2 and Xbox over Scart, and NTL analogue for TV. The latter's the most important would you believe - I'm hoping that the TV decoding is of reasonable quality.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

Hi there

I don't have the set myself but a friend does and the picture quality is amazing. So is the sound. Good choice of TV, well worth it.

Re: connecting the consoles, remember to output 1080p from the XBOX360---the console is natively 720p but it will upscale games and DVDs very well.

There are Component cables available for the Wii. These will provide a picture far superior to that provided on composite cable. You'll get 480p, which is Extended Definition (better than SD, not quite HD), and the TV will upscale it for you.

Re: NTL, bad news I'm afraid. I had it hooked up to a standard 28" 100hz TV ad even then, I could still see the low bitrate used to broadcast the channels. For best results, use Sky. More expensive, yes, but the quality is much better in the long run (though some channels do suffer low bitrate at times---have a look for UK signals being broadcast---their frequencies can be "tuned in" an stored on the box).

Of course, Sky HD would be best but there's very few channels in HD, the price is extortionate (450 for box, and about 95 per month I think...?)

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

Sh1t I just realised you typed NTL ANALOGUE, not digital---excuse my stupidity!

Advertisement