Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung 37" M87 LCD with 360 Elite over HDMI

• 09-10-2007 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Am hoping to buy the TV above from komplett for 1238 euro. It supports 1080p natively and I plan to connect the 360 elite to it via HDMI. Has anybody got this TV (or similar) and tried it?

Reviews on avforums look good but I'm keen to hear of actual experiences with the 360. Also very keen to find out what the picture is like on NTL analogue...

Linky: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333299&view=detailed

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Hi,

I dont have that TV, but have used my Premium 360 on a Sony 32" V2500 at 720p. And I have to say I was very impressed.

The High Def Picture especially when playing Halo 3 was excellent.

If your planning on using the Samsung mainly for High Def Gaming, Then I don't think you can go wrong. The High Def pictures on the majority of the brand TVs are excellent.

On the other hand, if you also plan on using it to watch standard def TV, then you will see a definite reduction in the quality of the pic.

Hopes this helps somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have a 32" samsung r7, its a great Tv, but it does look ridiculous on Analogue TV (maybe its just my area, and we've 3 tvs @ home) so I wouldnt recommend it in that department, make sure you have a "bogey" digibox for best reception on your tv channels. I couldnt hack watchin analgue anymore so I went out and got one of these cable boxes and all the channels work fine now on it.....

Hope this helps....

Dave

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Fieldog wrote:
    I have a 32" samsung r7, its a great Tv, but it does look ridiculous on Analogue TV

Would agree here - have a 37" Samsung R7 myself. Analouge TV is pretty bad, gaming is amazing. Haven't tried it via HDMI as no port on my 360.
    Using the HDMI you'll be able to use the picture in picture features of the TV as well.

NTL digital on it is fine, SKY even better.

As a a TV I'm very happy with it, the model you're lookin at is even better with it's 1080p (i'm using 780 ans it looks gorgeous)

If I didn't have my current one or I was getting another, I'd definitely get the model you're looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Thanks for the feedback guys. You've unfortunately fed my fears re analogue - don't think I can justify buying a fab gaming screen (for me) at the cost of crappy TV reception (for the girlfriend!). Is it really unwatchable with analogue, or do you get used to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

fullerand wrote:
    Is it really unwatchable with analogue, or do you get used to it?

I watched TV happily through analogue on a LCD, but when I git the digital tuner I really noticed the awfulness of previous analogue.

All LCD's won't look great with analogue whatever the model, Plasma will however look better than LCD if thats a major factor.
    You really need some sort of digital input or tuner to get a decent picture for TV on a LCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just buy one of the *cough* Starview boxes, bye bye NTL...

:)

Ebay is ur buddy

fullerand wrote:
    . Is it really unwatchable with analogue, or do you get used to it?

I have my Sony 32" V2500 connected to an Aeriel input and also to one of those satellite senders (which transmits the SKY box signal from the living room). In fairness to Sony it is something they haven't neglected on their Bravia LCDs, just because the world is moving to high def.

The analogue signal from the aeriel is very watchable. I have seen the analogue signal on a Samsung, and they don't do it very well at all.

If you have SKY digital or NTL digital and the TV your buying is going to be in the living room, and therefore the main TV, then I don't see the problem for you. You should be able to keep the GF happy with a decent picture and you'll be happy (only when she doesn't want to watch the soaps :D:D ) playing in high def.

But if you haven't got a digital reception at least, I wouldn't bother with the Samsung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

In all seriousness, it would be unbearable watching analogue TV on. Gaming on Samsung ya cant go wrong game mode ftw!! Also ya may find , push comes to shove , it might be more cost effective to take the TV and ditch the missus.... I jest of course:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've a 42 inch Samsung R7 and it's excellent for gaming, it has a game mode that you can use. It's rubbish for analog TV, especially sports, the ball just disappears when watching a game! It's watchable for DVB-T or DTT broadcasts but still not the best. HDTV looks great on it though.

jester77 wrote: »
    I've a 42 inch Samsung R7 and it's excellent for gaming, it has a game mode that you can use. It's rubbish for analog TV, especially sports, the ball just disappears when watching a game! It's watchable for DVB-T or DTT broadcasts but still not the best. HDTV looks great on it though.

Would agree with that. A friend of mine has a samsung LCD and the analogue picture quality is poor. Like I've said in my original posts, the Sony Bravia is excellent at both (standard and High Def). I know its a little more expensive but worth it, if analogue is such an issue for you.

And no, I Don't work for Sony or sell Sony TVs. I've just been very impressed with the 32" V2500 I purchased a couple of months ago. Ahhh playing on Xbox live in 32 inches of high def glory.....now if only I could improve my online playing :):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement