Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Message !!!

• 09-10-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all,
    I downloaded a small program last night and since i am getting annoying messages saying that i have a virus or 2 in my computer and to go to this website and download their product for 40 euro and save my computer !!!!.. Its a scam, i have run a virus check from my Anti Nortons and nothing comes up. I also ran and ADWare scan and cleared 8 "cling ons " but nothing serious.
    Where do i go to remove these annoying messages ?. Also they set my Homepage to their website.
    Appollo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Have you tried the System restore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Download AVG Free and run a scan.

Also run Lavasoft Adaware from www.lavasoft.com (theres a free version there)

Try http://www.safer-networking.org/ for Spybot search and destroy.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

have you tried removing the program using the add and remove programs option in the control panel? That should do the trick.

I think you mention that you have Norton antivirus. Get rid of this also and use something like AVG free antivirus of Avast antivir.

as irock says use spybot and give superantispyware a go.

as regards downloading programs, be careful as to what you download. I find that most apps i need are linked to right here on boards. Check out the sticky Essential free software.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it's most likely a scam, they are trying to "encourage" you to spend money

so the program itself may not be a virus, and a lot of commercial antivirus vendors want to charge extra to remove it

to clean it ( depending on what it is )
    use spybot search and destroy / spywareblaster or similar

system restore is a better option
    start - programs - accessories - system tools - system restore

only download software from trusted sites, since you are handing complete control of your computer over to that program and there is huge money to be made in scams and robbing bank account details

Advertisement