Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman found dead near Lakeshore Drive

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Christen

I would have to agree with your statement, Robbo,

That the Gardai have released a reasonable amount of information in this case to the public. Naturally, they must prevent the disclosure of a certain amount in order not to effect the integrity of their investigation and thereby alert the offender to possible inveatigative/proactive strategies.

I also realize I am an American and that my views or opinions may be met with some resistance and possibly some prejudice as I am not someone even remotely related to the geography or soicial structure in your country. I am an outsider, and lets face it, us yanks are not often thought of very well due to our "better than the rest" attitudes often displayed around the world. It's actually an embarrassment to me at times. But I am a little Irish at that. And very proud of it too by the way. Red beard and all!

I may have misinterpreted your earlier statement when you wrote, " seriously though kids, why not leave the investigation to the cops.." I wasn't certain if this was simply a figurative expression?

I am 46 and have been extensively studying serial sexual offenders for nearly 25 years. So, I do have some knowledge behind my statements.

Sincerely
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 GalwaysMayor

Well said; my sentiments exactly. This is not just a job for the Gardai. Why would they send a letter, looking for help, to every church in Galway and request that it be read out during all Sunday masses. We need this discussion and we need it now, today, we needed it last week and we need it tomorrow, as soon as possible. Everyday that this killer is on the loose is another day that he will either get further out of the grasp of the Gardai or that he may strike again. Just to let you know, if this guy isn’t a serial killer or is a total sociopath with no remorse, I’ll bet this killer won’t be found. Ok, I'm off to bed. Good night. Stay safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Christen

I would have to agree with your statement, Robbo,

That the Gardai have released a reasonable amount of information in this case to the public. Naturally, they must prevent the disclosure of a certain amount in order not to effect the integrity of their investigation and thereby alert the offender to possible inveatigative/proactive strategies.

I also realize I am an American and that my views or opinions may be met with some resistance and possibly some prejudice as I am not someone even remotely related to the geography or soicial structure in your country. I am an outsider, and lets face it, us yanks are not often thought of very well due to our "better than the rest" attitudes often displayed around the world. It's actually an embarrassment to me at times. But I am a little Irish at that. And very proud of it too by the way. Red beard and all!

I may have misinterpreted your earlier statement when you wrote, " seriously though kids, why not leave the investigation to the cops.." I wasn't certain if this was simply a figurative expression?

I am 46 and have been extensively studying serial sexual offenders for nearly 25 years. So, I do have some knowledge behind my statements.

Sincerely
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

On that note I'm going to lock this thread.
    If you want to actually help, talk to the Gardaí, talk to your neighbours, watch out for each other, write letters to the City Council to get some lights put up in various places.

Our condolences to her family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement