Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eircom 'Make faulty' button. Snap shot included.

Options
  • 09-10-2007 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

This image was taken by an eircom technical support technician working with their ADSL devision. It has not been edited in any way. I always felt eircom where scum, but now I know.

<SNIP SCREEN SHOT REMOVED, PLEASE SEE MOD REPLY>

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

May that not simply be a way to flag a genuine fault out to a linesman from the DSL department ....eg after they see dodgy line stats or carrier up and down transitions ???

The biggest problem with eircom is to get them to acknowledge there is a fault when there is . Hence my trusty chainsaw is kept fuelled up .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I hate Eircom as much as anyone, but I doubt that that button intentionally damages a line, surely it marks it faulty moreso.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm not a big fan of Eircom as much as the next guy especially given all the work they've created for me in the past but none the less I've removed the screen shot.

The screenshot relates to a internal system in Eircom and as such I don't believe it belongs on boards.ie and I also believe it might leave boards open from a legal standpoint.

Sorry lads,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Sponge Bob unlikely given the level of premission required to click the button. Also declare faulty would be a more likely label.

Cabel, eircom have no copyright over a screen shot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Boston wrote:
    Sponge Bob unlikely given the level of premission required to click the button. Also declare faulty would be a more likely label.

Cabel, eircom have no copyright over a screen shot.

While they don't have copyright, its internal info and internal info in relation to any company shouldn't be posted on boards in this manner imho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Fair enough.

Advertisement