Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louis Copeland's

• 09-10-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what price-range stuff in here?? Is it comaprable to Bests? I imagine it must be better but a mate told me its the same really, just a single popular name?

Do you know what the price range on suits is? If I go in, will I get stuck with a bill for like 800 or 1000 quid :eek: ??

Thanks guys..

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

its expensive, suits are good quality and staff are excellent, but you could easily fork out 800 to 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

just buy berties second hand canary suit jacket, man that **** was straight out of compton, eh, i mean copelands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Louis Copelands is class.
    Expensive stuff but you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Was in their galway shop a while back just for the craic while suit shopping, i knew i wouldnt be able to afford anything before i went in there but the stuff there was really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

l.c are good and prices are towards the high end for ready made suits but equally good suits can be got from the likes of bests, magee, diffney etc.

i've bought copeland suits but only because i liked the particular suit at the time. not simply beacuse of the brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

I was less than thrilled by Copelands. The shops look well, and they have good stock, but I think that they are close to being the only show in town as a decent men's shop. They're aware of this, and I think customers suffer in consequence.
    All the same, if I had to buy a suit in Dublin and I had a few bob, I'd probably get something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

They're not nearly as expensive as people make out, You can get an excellent suit there for €450 plus. Indeed when I first went in, I was intent on spending €650 or so, and indeed most of their range is in the €600 bracket, but when it came to choosing between two suits that I had whittled down from about six, I preferred the Louis Copeland own-brand at €440 to the competing Hugo Boss at €620. Both were similarly made, the only difference aside from design being the label on the inside. And the Copeland was hugely cheaper and better-cut.

Don't be put off about going in. And frankly, just state your price limit at the start. No point beating about the bush. You can economise by avoiding their admittedly expensive shirts. Shirt ranges and manufacturing has improved so much in recent years anyway that gone are the days of having to spend a fortune on well-cut shirts. Zara infamousy have an excellent range at €40-€60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

peterl wrote: »
    l.c are good and prices are towards the high end for ready made suits but equally good suits can be got from the likes of bests, magee, diffney etc.

i've bought copeland suits but only because i liked the particular suit at the time. not simply beacuse of the brand.

I'd agree, I don't think Louis Copeland are the be all and end all of suit shops, Magee on Wicklow Street have nice stuff (it's right across the road from Louis Copeland), I found Kennedys on Nassau St the best though, went in there with my boyfriend to get some suits for his new job recently and they were really helpful, they've similar stuff I guess but they're a bit more personal than the likes of Louis Copeland.

Advertisement