Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing a market campaign tool to big brands

• 09-10-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello, there.

Do you know how to market a "marketing campaign method/tool" to big companies? For example, selling your newspaper ads space. But what we do are much more unique than than that.

We have designed a wonderful marketing campaign method which is very effective to bank, insurance company, etc. Nobody ever did this before, and the marketing managers in those large corporate will love to on board this new approach, but the difficulty is we do not have a way to pass a message to them. This is a once off campaign, and you cannot use this method more than once a year.

Anybody knows how to send message to marketing managers in bank, and those big names? I am thinking to do so through PR Company and advertising agency, anybody is interested this? We like to give out big commission if you could get client for us. But you know the ads agency who deal with big brands normally have tens of millions turnover, but our campaign will only ask for about 50-100k from each sponsor.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. Please page me if you like to help personally.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

If this is something that only works once a year, marketing is wasting your time and money.

You need to get a sales person in to do the job.

If your idea is that innovative and original it shouldn't be that difficult to sell.
    Just call up the companies ask to speak to some one in the marketing department and pitch your idea.
    or
    You could also outsource it to a company, google sales outsourcing.

PR Company will be of no use to you.
    Advertising Agency is not right because you only have a one off sale and a small market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bzisbz

Hi there,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

To get sales person help is good idea. I tried to contact some students before, just wanted them to work together to develop this business. I proposed to give out high sales commission plus cash reward, but the funny thing is that some of them thought it is a scam.

Anyway, I have done some sales work for this idea myself in last two days, and found it is not that hard than what I thought before. I should go with it myself for one or two weeks to see if I can handle everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭rusnakova

As been said, no need for expensive advertising.

But there is one interesting way - referrals. If you know the right people and if they know that your method is really good, they will introduce you to your target companies. But where to get these contacts?

Consider joining a BNI chapter - there are several of them in Dublin - www.bni-europe.com or www.bni.com. You meet people on a regular basis and they will introduce you to their influential friends.

Just as a thought.

Simona Rusnakova

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

ok, guess i'm a bit intrigued.

I work in publishing and events and meet 100's of senior brand / marketing directors every month along with the agencies responsible for their budgets.

tell me who you're trying to target exactly, industries / job titles and how you would need to get your proposition to them?

Advertisement