Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

changing head unit

Options
  • 09-10-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

The cd player in my Citroen berlingo van is all messed up so I want to replace it. There are controls on the steering wheel for controlling the radio and I'm wondering are these standard? Would I have to get a radio from the Citroen dealership to use these controls or are they standard on all radios?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

You will need an adapter like this for the car and one like this for the brand of stereo you choose. I installed one recently and it was easy peasy...

They are probably available in Halfords.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Cheers! :D

Ok one more question. Would being able to control the radio from the steering wheel controls be a standard thing across all radios or would that be whats called a "hard wired remote" I see on some on some of the radios on ebuyer. I want to make sure the radio has this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

ScumLord wrote:
    Cheers! :D

Ok one more question. Would being able to control the radio from the steering wheel controls be a standard thing across all radios or would that be whats called a "hard wired remote" I see on some on some of the radios on ebuyer. I want to make sure the radio has this feature.

I'm sure most good quality head units do have this hard wired feature, but you might be best off asking when you purchase the head unit. I bought a Pioneer with iPod control & it works fine, I never thought to ask about the steering control.

Advertisement