Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting on fresh plaster

Options
  • 09-10-2007 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

I've the inside of my house plastered for about 2 weeks now, good drying in those two weeks, no external doors yet and windows open. How long should i leave it before i paint on them, also should i take it easy on heat when i get it setup, don't want to crack the plaster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

it would help to know is it plaster as in sand/cement/lime on concrete walls or the plaster, aka skim, that comes in a bag and just add water on plastered concrete walls or skim on plasterboard.

In any event I would not paint till windows and doors are in and most of the other work is done otherwise it will get wrecked with dust etc.

Heating should not crack it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Noviceman

it's both actually, skimmed on insulated plasterboards and sand\cement on inside walls, was gonna wait till after 2nd fix carpentry anyway, before floors maybe or before moving in, i'm not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Noviceman wrote:
    it's both actually, skimmed on insulated plasterboards will dry very quickly once you close up the houseand sand\cement on inside walls,it will take longer to dry will depend also on how wet the walls were before the roof went on was gonna wait till after 2nd fix carpentry anyway, before floors maybe or before moving in, i'm not sure
    :)

Advertisement