Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco Network Exams

Options
  • 09-10-2007 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

hi, not sure where i should post this but here goes. Im looking for a bit of career guidance especially from pople who know the industry.

Anyway im currently a 3rd year student doing a BIS degree. The obvious career path for me when i qualify is a business analyst role. My problem is that im considering going into network Security.
    My course has only a little networking&Security topics so im thinking of taking the cisco exams.
    I prob should start with a CCNA course, then go onto a CCVP and then i think a cisco security1 and 2 (info based from cisco.cit.ie)

My main worrys here are that pursuing this career path and doing all the extra cisco exams that my college degree will be of no use to me and a waste of time.
    OR is there a role where i could blend the two qualifications.

As im 3rd year im still clueless so any info is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Advertisement