Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

male Kitten 6 months old where to get him neutered

Options
  • 09-10-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi we have a kitten
    formely called Sophie .....but after a while we discovered he was more of a seamus !!!
    we need to get im Neutered he is 5 months old now ?
    is that too young and where can we get the job done
    Cheers
    R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It should be okay, most vets say 4-6 months. Some might not do it at 6 months though, just personal experience there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

any ideas of where does it and costs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

The cost should be about 80 euros. Try the vet where he got his shots or try ring any of your local vets. If you post your location some one may know of a good local vet.

I have a kitten female kitten called Roxy but for the first month I was calling her Rocky. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

can i just say 'THANK YOU' for doing this !, too many people never bother and the cats then breed out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Wook wrote:
    can i just say 'THANK YOU' for doing this !, too many people never bother and the cats then breed out of control.

Which can actually start before 6 months even :D
    Anyway i believe our cats cost €60 each, that was in Mullingar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

That's very expensive for a cat to be neutered. Costs around €30 in Limerick I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

OP, he should be ready about now. Remember the cost is only a once-off. As far as I know with males, getting them done sooner rather than later (as long as they are old enough) is more effective against aggression, roaming etc.

Advertisement