Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell 640m and BT Broadband

• 09-10-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a BT wireless modem/router for broadband which is cabled to my PC but when I want to use net wirelessly on laptop...althoughtthe signal is good-excellent..it takes an age for a webpage to load initially. once it does load its grand then for surfing the net but if I leave it for a minute or 2 idle, it goes back to square one and can take up to 10 minutes to load a webpage again. Getting very frustrated with it now and wondering is there something I need to do or some setting to change?

Thanks

edit: its 2mb broadband by the way

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from laptops.

Check the power settings on your laptop - make sure it isn't shutting down the wireless connection after x minutes of inactivity.

Use the laptop on mains power and turn off wireless security temporarily until you can troubleshoot the problem. Also check any firewall/security software you may have installed.

Advertisement