Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dirty Petrol??

Options
  • 09-10-2007 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I filled up with petrol in Tesco Dundrum week before last. Didn't use the car much, but noticed in the early part of last week that the car is chugging when accelerating (struggling to get up speed, accompanied by intermittent jolting) I got one of those injector cleaner fluid bottles in Halfords on Saturday, but it hasn't made any difference. Car is an 05 Mondeo with low mileage. Never had any problem like this before. It's like the jungle juice effect you see when a learner is trying to take off. Do you think I got bad juice in Tesco? To add insult to injury, they tried to overcharge me by €10!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭landcruiserfj62

Any other symptoms like, lights coming on on the dash ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

No, it corrects itself without too much hassle. It feels like the car is going to cut out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Get the coil pack checked out - Its a weakness with Fords (mondeo and focus). I think the petrol filling might be just coincidental.

Advertisement