Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL request to hook up neighbour

Options
  • 09-10-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Had NTL knocking on my door requesting to hook up my neighbors new development. I told her to tell them to feck off as this would mean a cable dangling across our side garden which would be a serious eye soure (if it was an alley or a lane it would be no problem) and it would give ntl access rights , afaik and from other threads, for maintenance and so on. The NTL guy just said fair enough and went

So regardless of the eyesore issue am I right to be concerned about the access issue and can they (ntl/my neighbour) make me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Sounds like you did the sensible thing and are well within your rights to say no. NTL do have other ways, besides running a cable (such as MMDS) to give access.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Let NTL dig up the neighbours ground or else agree to it on condition that you get completely free tv + sports + movie + PPV + DVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CALI

I know that the house i used to rent had the NTL box or whatever on our wall with the cables going to the neightbours. It didn't bother us and it also meant we got free cable. The landlord had a deal with NTL so we never got a bill...

Advertisement