Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport buses...

Options
  • 09-10-2007 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Okay I have no choice but ask here since Bus Eireann seem incapable of answering a phone.
    I need to get to the airport next week and am trying to plan a route/time that suits my flight...trouble is on Bus Eireann's online timetables ( http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/expressway/1.pdf ) all their services that connect to the airport are marked down as "Drop off only" :confused:
    Now I know this is the policy for Aircoach for some odd reason, but have bus eireann decided to do this now too? If that is the case, does anyone know of another operator like say Matthews' coaches that do an airport run?
    Trying to get from Dundalk to Dublin AP for about midday, preferrably without the tour of the NE that it used to entail.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭gipi

The bus number you need is the 100X which leaves Dundalk approx every hour and calls to Drogheda (via the motorway) then straight to the airport (again via the motorway).

There's one leaving Dundalk at 10.30am which is scheduled to arrive at Dublin Airport at 11.40am. It's not always that fast, but will get you there for midday deffo.

The timetable you were looking at is the Belfast bus which is why it only drops off at Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I may misunderstand your post but the 100X goes a shedload of times a day from Dundalk to Dublin Airport. I have gotten it several times from the southbound stop at the Louth hospital. It only stops in Drogheda and is pretty quick, think its about an hour and a few minutes in total to departures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ah alright, knew there had to be something wrong. 0/10 for reading comp.
    So the 100X departs from Dundalk station and picks up at the usual stops?
    Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Hi, below is a link to the bus time table for that route. Ive travelled on it many a time!:D They leave every hour on the half hour i.e. 9.30, 10.30,etc. from Dundalk.

http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/local/100x.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Thanks sandyg, yeah I've travelled it many a time when I was younger but been a fair while since I used Dublin AP (prefer Belfast Intl) and just wasn't 100% sure that BE still serviced the AP regularly. Sorted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

The timetable fro the 100x isnt the easiest to find on their timetable, they should put all the buses that pick up in Dundalk together on the website

Advertisement