Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Unbelieveable!!!

Options
  • 09-10-2007 4:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

So i was parked outside the Tesco in Ballybrack having something to eat...

Next thing a guy in an old 96(i think) BMW 316 convertable pulls up beside me, gets out leaving the engine running and the window wide open and returns a dvd to xtra vision and then walks into the newsagents. I was dumbfounded:eek:

Why oh why would anyone leave their car all alone with the engine running? How stupid can any one person be????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Maybe he is the local drug dealer (not so successful if it’s a 96 reg) and noone would dare touch his car. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Too lazy to turn off and bring keys in with him? Hope they lift the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Thats pretty moronic alright. Plus if the car was stolen with the keys left in the ignition he could kiss goodbye to any insurance claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Maybe he did take the keys with him - could be one of those fancy alarms ;)

Maybe he is a local Garda and therefore feels safe in doing so??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

He must have been from the country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

OP completely agree with you there.

My first car was robbed like this ... My dad was driving it and stopped at some shops newsagents to buy something and left the car running ... some dirtbag hoped inot it and my dad saw him so he went and jumped on the bonnet, yer man drove off and my dad got flung off the bonnet while taking a corner so was he was hurt. Your man was just walking by and robbed it on impulse , he was there with his dirt-bird girlfriend who just legged it off.

Scumbags dont you just love them. Car was never seen thereafter.

So that 316 guy was very very stupid , especially around areas like ballybrack and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

maybe it was stolen, and he didnt have keys for it.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

To be fair, it was a 316. they would've hardly made a quick gataway. He'd have had time to return his DVD, go to the newsagent, do the lotto, and rent another DVD and still be able to catch up with the thief!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

TBH a lot of cars are stolen this way. They rang around petrol stations and outside shops and the amount of muppets who leave their keys in the car is unbelievable. They also get up very early on frosty mornings and go for walks in the suburbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

colm_mcm wrote:
    To be fair, it was a 316. they would've hardly made a quick gataway. He'd have had time to return his DVD, go to the newsagent, do the lotto, and rent another DVD and still be able to catch up with the thief!

Come on, this is a 316i, 102HP, that goes up to 210Kmh (Takes a while alright), this is not a trolley lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

colm_mcm wrote:

ROFL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Did it have a bumper sticker saying "STEAL THIS CAR (please)"?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

To be fair, who would want to rob a '96 316!

He possible wanted rid of the heap of junk and figured this might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ahhh, the joys of country living, I think I may have never locked my car....

Another good reason to never do this was the time I did (stopped nex to the window was only 10ft away- middle of the night, no one around, very nice area) and the car managed to lock itself with lights on, radio on, engine running.

Suffice to say, I've never done it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I saw this as well outside Sainburys at the Quays shopping centre. This guy came along red BMW '00 3 Series, got out and went to the ATM machine and left the car running.

Madness.

Advertisement