Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Perrodua but not on SIMI list...

Options
  • 09-10-2007 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

I recently saw one or two of these cars on the road. All called Perrodua. They are a malaysian built Daihatsu Cuore. I dont see the prices for them on any Irish car magazine or newspaper. Neither could I find any dealers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

They are the worst rubbish imaginable. Worse than anything Daewoo ever made and that is saying something...

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

^ Worse than a Proton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

The perodua myvi is a Daihatsu Sirion using toyota technology. It is a good car.

Their older cars are Daihatsu hand-me-downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

ok thanks for that, didnt see any break down on the road yet.... but have seen a lot of them around. Anyway Daihatsu's are badged engineered Toyota's with the exception of the Copen. Im also wondering if Proton are re-entering the Irish market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it more a case that certain Toyotas are badge engineered Daihatsus?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

colm_mcm wrote:
    With silicone damped door handles and chunkier switches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

colm_mcm wrote: »

you mean like Toyota Cami, Passo and bB?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

didn't clarkson buy one - then proceed to knock the sh*t out of it on the forecourt with a sledge hammer before he drove it an inch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

RobAMerc wrote: »
    didn't clarkson buy one - then proceed to knock the sh*t out of it on the forecourt with a sledge hammer before he drove it an inch ?

He did, and the video is here. A priceless vid, IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

RobAMerc wrote: »

He did indeed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf3Rw8VW3aE

Advertisement