Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting into IT

Options
  • 09-10-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Posted this in another forum but might get a few responses here.

Maybe there might be a couple of people out there that can offer some advise.
    I currently have a telecoms degree and have been working in Radio engineering this last number of years. However its very restrictive in where I can work. (ie only Dublin really). Currently living in Newbridge and sick of the commute so really fancy somthing different. This is where I believe IT could help me not be tied down to working in Dublin.

Does anyone know of any courses that would allow me to move into IT? It would have to be a part time course. Or is there any companies that take people on with very little experience? I'd be quite interested in networking (background in telecoms so use to the idea of routing, protocols, OSI model), and have some UNIX and SQL/database experience.
    Something hands on would really interest me.

Or am I just wasting my time and the only way would be to for a full time course?

Sorry for the long post.
    thanks

Comments

Advertisement