Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT administration question?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

I had a car tested in August this year that had been registered in August 1999 - the NCT cert is valid for 2 years.
    Yet, if my new car (registered March 1997) passes now, the NCT cert is only valid until March 2008 ( not 2 years).
    It does not make sense.
    It seems like the test date is not based on the date of 1st registration.

I've sent a mail to the NCT crowd as well. Anyone here had similiar issue?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

The first and all subsequent tests are all conducted on the 4th, 6th 8th etc anniversary of the cars first registration date. So there is nothing to be gained by postponing the test a number of months. Loads of people make the assumption that the next test date is two years from when it was last tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

That's what I thought, but the NCT crowd have a different view.
    The 10th anniversary for my car was in March of this year.
    They told me on the phone that if I had passed the test in March or even now, I would still have to retest it in March 2008. Then the next test would be in 2 years time from then in March 2010.
    :confused:

The car has been off the road for well over a year - hence no NCT and I'm trying to get it back on the road now.

Advertisement