Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuter looking for advice on new bike!

Options
  • 09-10-2007 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hello good people,

Well here it is - I need a bike. I'm in the suburbs - we're approaching meltdown and I should have invested in 2 wheels long ago. I've a roughly 15 min commute, pretty smooth but I want me new bike to be able to take a knock or 2 but be quick enough so maybe a hybrid is the job? I want it to be comfortable enough to take longer distances.

Brass taxes - dont want to break the bank so €250 - €400 wud be the budget. Any advice on a starter mean machine?

Also - I've noticed most of you tend to look away from online distributors. I totally understand this and recognise the pitfalls and disadvantages but if you were to look online where would it be?

Truck on dudes and thanks for responses
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Well if your were to buy online I would suggest http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

Free postage I think and reasonable prices

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

with your budget you will likely find the postage makes online buying not so much of a saving.

Your best bet is to go to any shop and have a look at the kind of bike that you think suits you. Once you have this narrowed down you can look at the competing ones in that price bracket and type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

cheers lads
    can i push my luck and ask if anyone recommends any particular shops in he Dublin area where I'd have a decent selection and some decent help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

There's another thread on this forum at the moment called "Best bikes shops in Ireland" or some such. You'll find loads of recommendations there.

(There's also a thread about Cycle Superstore in Tallaght, if you're looking for some seriously conflicting opinions. The consensus seems to be that it's good on the whole mind you.)
    cheers lads
    can i push my luck and ask if anyone recommends any particular shops in he Dublin area where I'd have a decent selection and some decent help?

Advertisement