Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Analyst training

• 09-10-2007 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hey,

I am currently working on an idea that i hope to turn into a business. I am at early stages at the moment and really need some formal BA training as I know that will help.
    I have searched non stop for a course of this nature to do either online or in Dublin but no joy. If anyone has any ideas I would be really grateful.
    I know there is a Diploma in BA run by the NCI but this is very difficult to do considering its only during the day. As this is my own idea I cannot ask for time of work to do it.

Any help would be great or if no course exists, suggested reading.
    Cheers

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Would a PLC course or diploma possibly fit the bill? I guess some of them might be at more flexible hours. There is also the open university - i don't know whether you can take their courses if you're based in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭monkey24

Red Alert wrote:
    Would a PLC course or diploma possibly fit the bill? I guess some of them might be at more flexible hours. There is also the open university - i don't know whether you can take their courses if you're based in Ireland.

Hey,

Thanks for the input. I would be hoping to find something geared towards BA work that would be evening or online based. I couldn't afford to take any time of work.
    I haven't really found a course relevant to BA work at all that I could take. I have contacted OU and was looking at their MBA in Technology. I am going to start a Msc next year but think their MBA is quite expensive.

I think the next best option was the Msc in Management of Operations in Oscail but this does not start until next Sept.

What I am really looking for is something like the ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, which i can do before starting my Msc. But there doesn't seem to be anything like that on offer over the web or in dublin.

Advertisement