Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How easy is it to stretch labret piercings?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

stretching should be no problem, just go to a piercer and ask em to taper it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Just for the record: there shouldn't be any blood ever, no matter what's being stretched, and if there is, someone effed up.

I know a few people who were pierced at 16g/1.2mm and decided they wanted to go up a size to 14g/1.6mm. It's pretty easy to do, like Wilburt said, a piercer will do it for you no problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Man, I dont know how anyone can stretch their labret,
    The stink off a normal ear lobe stretch, having that in your nose 24 hours a day....fair play is all I say!

I know someone with a 4g labret who says there isn't really any stink, maybe because of saliva or the fact that it's a kind of a mucus membrane...

Stretched septums on the other hand... *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

agh, dammit. i was lookin at a slightly stretched septum the other night thinkin twas pretty cool and i might just do it...

• Advertisement

stench can be eliminated by using organic (wood, bone etc.) jewellery, ive a few organic plugs and no smell or ickyness when i wear em :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Wilburt wrote:
    stretching should be no problem, just go to a piercer and ask em to taper it...

Would tapering be needed if its just a jump of one size?

Maybe when you get your labret pierced for the third time, ask the piercer to use a larger bar - like 1.6 instead of 1.4 (i think 1.4 is the standard??)

depends what size it is, i did a 1mm jump one day for the fun of it, went in without a problem. took it out after cos i was just arsing about

Boooo. I tried to put a 12g taper in my 3 year old piercing and it wouldn't even go through :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Gauge wrote:
    Boooo. I tried to put a 12g taper in my 3 year old piercing and it wouldn't even go through :(

What size was it originally? Sometimes ye can't just shove these things in, it takes a li'l time :)

• Advertisement

gauge have you had it out for a while?
    presume it was pierced at 1mm then, instead of 1.6mm. massage your labret for a bit to loosen up the skin then try

Nah, it's been at a 1.6mm for 3 years. I don't actually want a 12g labret, I just like to stick tapers in my piercings when I'm bored to see if they've self stretched at all :( which now that I look at it, is kind of a strange thing to do.

i do it too :D just curiosity i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

What's the concensus on consuming alcohol after getting a Labret done?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Avoid it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

mine closed up a bit last week after i took it out for a few hours.it shrunk to a 16g but i managed to shove a 14g back through it without much hassle,hurt like a bitch but it looked crap so small

Yeah, now that I realise it, I take mine out for 8+ hours a day 5 days a week during the summer... probably explains why it hasn't self stretched as much as my septum or tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i wish mine would stay open for that long!3 hours it was out for one day and i barely got a 16g stud into it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Avoid it for a while.

How long is a while? Hours, days, weeks?

Cheers

until the hurt stops.... 2 weeks

• Advertisement
Advertisement