Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice please: is this a good deal?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Audi A3 2007, S-Line, very low mileage, upgraded alloys for €26,000 cash from a reputable dealer.

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As far as I know, the 1.6 engine is being dropped in favour of a turbocharged 1.4.
    Never a big fan of the A3, but whatever floats your boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't know really. Need to know the new retail price of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Depends is it the ambition/attraction/ambiente model?

Makes a huge difference ie the ambition is an extra €2k etc

Give us the exact spec of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

as above, is it an Attraction (basic), Ambition (Sports), or Ambiente (fake dash wood!)? Ambition and Ambiente are 2k+ over the Attraction new. I'm guessing that since its an "S-Line", it might be the Ambition... The S-Line has different bumpers, rear spoiler, not sure what else.

Also - the base 1.6 engine is horrible. Personally would avoid it if its the base 1.6, which I'm guessing it is. (The FSI version is far better, but I believe that's to be replaced by the turbocharged 1.4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

It an alright deal a quick back of the envelope calculation put the base price of an Attraction at €26,560 add another €500 for delivery and that the price of Attraction out of box the extra's your mentioning the S line exterior package is another €2,500 the alloys I'm pressuming is one of pack i.e. Alloy & Sunroof or Alloys & Aircon assuming the former that's another €1,300 = Total cost €30,860.

imho the S-line package isn't the best value for money a few badges, scuff plats and slightly different front bumper...no thanks I'll take the aircon instead. If the S-line package is the interior version it's perhaps better value. Basically your getting the extra's for nothing. I think the 1.6 won't be dropped until the car is facelifted next year but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Might be able to get a 2007 Golf GT for slightly more money. Way superior 170bhp TSi engine and at least it has air conditioning:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=747493

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

26K for a car without aircon? You'd need your head checked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭PunyHuman

Thanks all of you for your replies. Makes it a lot easier to make a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

The A3 is a good choice of car... anything from A3-A8 is a great car by audi... but id want to pay around 25,000 ish because there resale value fall's faster then paris hiltons underwear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Exactly how is an A3 better than a similarly priced Golf?

• Advertisement
Advertisement