Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT 1st. reg. 30/12/05

Options
  • 09-10-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

Knowing the "flexibility" of the revenue I should know the answer to this already, but I throw it out there in hope!

I've just put a deposit on a Vauxhall Zafira which was first registered in the UK on the 30th. December 2005 making it 2 days away from a 06 reg.

Does anyone know of any precedence which would get me to register it on an 06 plate or (as I suspect) will I be stuck with a 05?

(Going to collect it in the UK next week)

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do-more wrote:
    Knowing the "flexibility" of the revenue I should know the answer to this already, but I throw it out there in hope!

I'd say that's your answer, but it won't cost you anything to ask the VRT people the question.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It will be an 05 Plate. It was first registered in 05 so thats when VRT office will make it registered for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

On the up side, the '05 plate should make the VRT you have to pay lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Stephen wrote:
    On the up side, the '05 plate should make the VRT you have to pay lower.

Yeh. €4079 for Dec 05 and Jan 06 would be €4703.

Still the 06 plate must be worth more than €624 more than an 05....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Turn it round the other way , would you be happy paying the premium for an 06 reg over an 05 if you found out after that it should have been an 05?

Also does the resale here on a Vauxhall get affected (and vice versa in the uk with opel) when compared like for like to an opel badged car?

• Advertisement
Advertisement