Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Avenged Sevenfold

• 09-10-2007 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

New album out at the end of the month. What do you think of their new song? Personally I like it. Not their best in my opinion but I do like it. Any other fans?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I saw these guys play at Nova Rock last year - they were doing pretty abysmal till they played a cover of "Walk" by Pantera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

They have a new video of the song Almost Easy
    M.shadows looks like chester bennington.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2VOb40P4s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Loved "critical aclaim" when I heard it, comes across like the bastard lovechild of Helloween and Pantera to me.

New album will follow suit with any luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ok, I'm gonna start off by saying that yes, I despise this band, and I dont rate them highly at all. I saw them in Dublin last year, and just like said before, doing abysmally until Walk, which I even fell asleep during, and missed the rest of their set. that was up the front row.

But in saying that, I always listen to that new song when its on tv, same with Beast and the Harlot, I like those songs. I do have a bit of frespect for Synester Gates(apart from the name). Hate the rest of the band. How many times were we called mother*******?

And as for the Chester Bennington comment, I thought the exact same myself.

30 sec clips of all their songs on the new album on this site
    http://www.buch.de/shop/bde_mu_hg_startseite/suchartikel/avenged_sevenfold/EAN0093624992011/ID14972789.html?jumpId=250972

This is pretty disappointing. I expected alot better it all sounds like pop to me. Or maybe its just because they put on the clips with only singing.

Also new video of them playing Scream

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

You can't have a discussion about Avenged Sevenfold without mentioning Bat Country. Best song of 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

They aren't bad... Bat Country was decent along with a few more songs. I hate their image though. I don't even know how to describe it. Their drummer however is very good. I'd rate him very highly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Shane_C wrote: »
    You can't have a discussion about Avenged Sevenfold without mentioning Bat Country. Best song of 2005.

Amazing song. One of my favourites. I think they've come a long way from the Waking The Fallen days. A bit more intricate stuff on guitar rather than the usual metalcore breakdowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tackle69 wrote: »
    I hate their image though.

Does that really matter though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

critical acclaim is class. almost easy I didnt like at first but i think it was cos i really hate the video and also yea, shadows does look like chester feckin bennington now. it grew on me though.

• Advertisement

Does that really matter though?

Musically no, but i cringe when i watch the videos.

Mushy wrote: »
    Ok, I'm gonna start off by saying that yes, I despise this band, and I dont rate them highly at all. I saw them in Dublin last year, and just like said before, doing abysmally until Walk, which I even fell asleep during, and missed the rest of their set. that was up the front row.

If u despise the band then why were u in the front row? As for falling asleep, not their fault u cant handle your drink;)

The only thing I dont liek about them is the spotty emo kids i the crowd at their gigs!

I really like the 2 new songs....."Im not insane, Im not insane" Class!!

If u despise the band then why were u in the front row? As for falling asleep, not their fault u cant handle your drink;)

The only thing I dont liek about them is the spotty emo kids i the crowd at their gigs!

I really like the 2 new songs....."Im not insane, Im not insane" Class!!

He was probably in the front row to see the headliners who i think were Metallica.... I don't realy like "i'm not insane".... it seems a bit chaotic with no real structure to it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

New songs sound great so far alright. Album is out here on Friday (26th).
    Sounds like Andy Wallace has done a good job with them.
    There's an MVI version as well btw if you haven't seen...

MVI(MUSIC VIDEO INTERACTIVE) DVD Content-
    PLAYS IN ALL STANDARD DVD PLAYERS AND DVD DRIVES.
    The Making of “Avenged Sevenfold” (52 mins.)
    The Making of “Avenged Sevenfold” (Animated Short) (5 mins.)
    Studio Tour (13 mins.)
    Producer For A Day (5 mins.)
    Pre-encoded MP3s for all tracks
    Make your own ringtone of any track from the album with UrTone**
    PDF booklet, buddy icons, lyrics, and more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Haven't heard their latest yet. Is there a link on Youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I got the album in the mail ('cause im leet like that)
    Its differnt all right but I am quite liking the new songs

New album leaked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i think their good|!!! almost easy is a horribly catchy song!!!!!!! and i like their image.............not that thats important....i just thought id put it out there!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

New album is different. I don't like "Critical Acclaim" at all. "Dead God" sounds like a country and western song. "A Little Piece Of Heaven" is strange sounding song but I like it.
    The rest of the album is pretty good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stringer

great album..
    Little Piece of Heaven, Lost and Unbound would have to be my 3 favs, but love them all.
    Litte Piece of heaven is similar to Pinkly Smooth, Mr Bungle, Queen, Pink Floyd and Nightmare Before Christmas... excellent :D

thy are coming to ireland in late january/ early feb
    can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Tackle69 wrote: »
    I hate their image though.

Their style of music is classed as FashionCore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Shane_C wrote: »
    Their style of music is classed as FashionCore

:confused: Since when?

Advertisement