Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Hotel Galway

Options
  • 09-10-2007 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what this hotel is like? Am hoping to go there for a couple of nights mid week in November.

Any ideas what to do on a Sunday and Monday night and day in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The Hotel itself is really nice but the pub is rubbish.
    I live beside it and they have a singer in there at weekends who is utterly woeful. But if you're about 70 years of age and a tad deaf then you might enjoy it lol.
    As for Sunday night in Galway is great craic. Just head to Quay Street and there's always a great night to be had there. Great resturants there too (stay clear of catus jacks though).
    Monday night is quieter but still fun there..mostly tourists and Students though. Best Bet is probably head to the Kings Head for a bit of tunes and craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

what's wrong with catus jacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

yeah ... I was planning on taking herself there as I've not been there in years ... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

house is fine, but the rooms are a bit on the small side. would go for an upgrade if you can, so you're able to get out of the bed :D

as it's the only boutique-type hotel in the city centre, it will probably be fine. others are the twelve but an awful long haul out to barna and the one they were all inspired by, the g.

the bar and restaurant are where they try to rake in the revenue. so i really view it as more of a bar with rooms (albeit nice ones) upstairs. e.g. one night had a thirst for mojitos, went along and they started off ok, but as the place got busier they degenerated, they dont seem to apply hotel standards to the bar being my point...until in the end i had what was basically a bacardi and soda water with ice cubes and a mint leaf floating on top. not on really! if you want always excellent mojitos go to the g!

but that said it is central and ya can fall home from quay st after a night out. :eek:

Advertisement