Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slightly Damaged 407 Saloon, opinions

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Had a previous thread asking about diesel cars.

This evening I came across a 07 Peugeout 407 Saloon. It's the 1.6 HDI model.

Has some damage to the rear bumper and quarter panel. In all I'd say around 2000 but that is to be confirmed.

The asking price is 17k + adding repairs on top of that around 19.

Would you go for this considering I hope to be able to haggle down closer to 16 for the car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

My advice would be to steer well clear. Those 1.6 HDIs are unreliable. They blow turbos at €2000 to replace. I've somewhere near 30 HDIs on fleet and half of them have blown turbos. Peugeot do cover them under warranty and will offer a decent contribution on cars outside of warranty depending on age and mileage. They have other faults too like EGR valves, fuel pumps, ABS sensors.

Personally, I wouldn't touch one - the damage is the least of your worries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

crosstownk wrote:
    Those 1.6 HDIs are unreliable.

Sometimes I feel sorry for myself to be french...
    But very often I do not give a rats ass cause I am driving german...mouahahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Thanks man. I looked that up on Google and found a Myriad of other problems people have reported with the 407 HDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I looked mick.fr up on Google and found the same!

Nice of Peugeot to cover the turbo on warranty though!?!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

esel wrote:
    I looked mick.fr up on Google and found the same!

Yeah fortunately for you there is only one lol :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

crosstownk wrote:
    Those 1.6 HDIs are unreliable. They blow turbos at €2000 to replace. ..... They have other faults too like EGR valves, fuel pumps, ABS sensors.

Does the Ford Focus have the same problems (seeing as its the same engine)? Also do you know if the problem extends to the 1.4 HDI? I'm considering a Focus diesel and my wife is thinking about a 207 diesel and now I'm worried :confused:

Advertisement