Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain basement GPS (98 euro delivered)

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

... but no maps... you have to "download" these yourself.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8545

They also offer one with a 1GB SD card with US maps (plus a navigation program, presumably.)

Saw this over on the boards Bargains thread, thought I'd cross-post.
    I have no idea what the unit is like (though for the price, I'm tempted - how I wish I'd put the 10 euro on France last weekend: I just never got around to it!)

DealExtreme have been excellent in all my dealings with them, however.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

This seems to be running silmilar software to the GPS unit I enquired about in another post.

I'll try the instructions given on the deal extreme site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 marcomolo

does it play avi's like the page says?

To be honest Marco, I've never checked.

Will try get around to it over the next few days and test it. I'll let you know how I get on.

Ok. Sorry for the delay but didn't have the time to sort this out properly.

Well, it works!!

I'm running TT6 on this with no problems.

You just have to rename a folder and file to trick the unit into thinking it's running it's supplied software.

There's a folder in TT6 called Navigation. Rename this MobileNavigator. Then within that folder is TomTom.exe. Rename this to MobileNavigator.ie.

Turn on the unit and Robert's Your Mothers Brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Anybody go for this unit, is it ok, and how long did it take for delivery ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Could well be interested it this one myself, however if possible can anyone confirm if the maps and/or software could be transferred from say a Garmin,TomTom or whatever (which I'm sure I can source).

Don't really need a GPS but for a hundred euros why not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Went for this , took 9 days to be delivered, no customs charges, so cost me less than 97 euros!! I can't get tomtom 6 to work yet , but have put on mio maps as recommended on dealextremes site, and it works quite well. For the price I couldn't fault it really, hopefully I will figure out how to get tomtom running on it :confused:

Advertisement