Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are you a show off?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Do you have a serious mod that you want to show off to the nation?

We are looking for participants to contribute content for a new car website that is in development.

We are initially looking for owners in the Dublin West area and anywhere along the N7 route from Dublin to Monasterevin, this will hopefully extend countrywide in the coming months.

Conditions:-
    This site will show video generated content so you must agree to have your vehicle (and you if you are a poser:p ) filmed.
    Any display of "For Sale" signs, phone numbers or any other contact details on your vehicle must be removed before filming - website address' are OK - or you cannot participate.
    Filming will take place in neutral locations over the next few weeks (car parks etc) so you do not need to worry about us filming in your front garden.
    Covers for your number plates will be provided if you do not want them shown.
    We are ideally looking for complete or near complete modified cars and owners who want to show off their rides to best effect.
    We are not looking for owners who have just stuck a drainpipe exhaust on the back of a '99 Micra (You know who you are;) ).
    We will chose filming locations that are away from residential areas so you can show off how good/loud your ICE is:eek: .
    Filming each vehicle should take no longer than 30 mins so you won't be held up all day
    You will be required to provide some basic contact info (not home address) if you vehicle is chosen to be filmed - this is just to enable us to create a membership account on the site and send you notification of the launch date so you can log on to see your pride and joy.

Very Important - Please Read.

We are not interested in anyone driving recklessly at these meets. This is not a session for you to do doughnuts, wheelspins, handbrake turns or any other driving which is considered dangerous. If you do, you run the risk of being filmed and the clip being handed over to the Gardai.

These filming sessions will be controlled with regards to the number of vehicles in attendance - we envisage no more than 10 to 15 cars at any one location. So you are requested not to bring a convoy of your friends along because if the numbers become too large or are deemed to be a potential nuisance to the location - the filming will be called off.

So, if you think your car is a bit special and you are a bit of a show off yourself or if you are part of a group or club of modified enthusiasts and you would like to take part, please send me a PM.

Please include your real first name (not boards name), general location (not full address) and contact number or email on the PM. If you have a photo of your car available it would be handy if you sent that as well. This will help us sift through the replies and choose suitable vehicles.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

allowing kids here to show off there 19-- integra's and such ??. Bygod must be ricer-fest '07 :(

* runs away as fast as he can manage * :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sounds like a well planned event and an event for mature owners of modified cars who would like a bit of coverage, the op has posted quite clearly that there will be no messing so its not goin to attract idiots iwho will be messing in cars so i'm not sure what S.I.R is trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

draffodx wrote:
    sounds like a well planned event and an event for mature owners of modified cars who would like a bit of coverage, the op has posted quite clearly that there will be no messing so its not goin to attract idiots iwho will be messing in cars so i'm not sure what S.I.R is trying to say?

Thank you for your comments draffodx. Yes, this is aimed at the serious Moders who have spent a lot of time effort & money on their car to provide an excellent platform for displaying their cars - not everyone can get on the cover of Max Power ;) - so feel free to spread the word on this project.

And I am sure SIR's comments are a harmless bit of jesting, so certainly no offence taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I would love to sign up but my car is only hitting irish soil next week, if you want some really nice cars and a bunch of great lads(and girls) re post this at www.dtdirl.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

projectgtr wrote: »
    I would love to sign up but my car is only hitting irish soil next week, if you want some really nice cars and a bunch of great lads(and girls) re post this at www.dtdirl.com.

Thanks for the tip. I will be posting on this site very soon.

• Advertisement

I just hope you guys dont end up filiming civics all day... thats what im saying

also ricer : a general term developed when " the fast and the furious " movies where made , used when kids spend aoll there money on useless/ style mods rather then Actually improve the cars.

im a bit too honest imo :o

ah right sorry i was unsure what a ricer was.

I just bought an integra, took me ages to find it, had to be standard, I agree with you, useless style mods are a waste of money

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Stick a few pics of the Teg up draffodx?

i live opposite the east link in D4..... im sick of kids with the over sized back box and lack of driving skills.... not to mention the " dance " music , crazy loud induction sound from the 3" universal air filter and the wolfrace " light weights " that they bought in max power where my oil slick gun when i need it ?? :rolleyes:

if you need any proof look on www.dtdirl.com www.midnightclub.ie etc

have you even been on DTD?? S.I.R?? All the mods you just listed would be pretty much laughted at on that site! and they dont take kindly to people messing or showing off at meets either!i think your going to get a bit of a flaming for that comment.

Just out of curiosity what do you drive? what are your mods? and where do you post?

The scene is changing for the better in ireland, and we can do without comments like that thanks

At least you name suits you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

From our side on The Midnight Club,
    we will not be in a position to provide you with
    free access to our 'site to aid you with your marketing.

Thank you for your query.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

all sounds a bit demanding for what is essentially "us" selling your site for no benefit to us?

apologies if im wrong but the fisrt post gives that impression.,

give any impression , you midnight clubnbers and tuners are a joke.. i was in a isuzu tropper that pulled awya from a kid in a silva s13.... ( it had the midnight badge ) kinda sad imo also

dont bother flaming me... if i make a mistake i can correct myself... no need for the wannabe mods to come here and annoy me ( not actual mods... but people who think they are... just to be 100 % clear )

i think a " show off " would be cool.... wonder if anyone has a car worth showing ?? cause id hate to turn up in a " max power magazine " car :)

S.I.R wrote: »
    give any impression , you midnight clubnbers and tuners are a joke.. i was in a isuzu tropper that pulled awya from a kid in a silva s13.... ( it had the midnight badge ) kinda sad imo also

dont bother flaming me... if i make a mistake i can correct myself... no need for the wannabe mods to come here and annoy me ( not actual mods... but people who think they are... just to be 100 % clear )

i think a " show off " would be cool.... wonder if anyone has a car worth showing ?? cause id hate to turn up in a " max power magazine " car :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Where do i begin??

The reason you proberbly "pulled" on an s13 is because hes smart enough not to street race, if you have something to prove take it to the track (DTD oragises track days for its members) makes me think YOUR one of the MAX POWER generation:D

"Tuners are a joke" again you are laughed at!! how can i listen to that from someone who thinks a punto is a modern day classic!! how can anyone who is into any form of cars come out with such a ridiculous statement??

Wannabe mod???im annoying you because you know im right:D Why wont you answer my questions??

what do you drive? what are your mods? and where do you post?

Because i dont know where you would be welcome with remarks like that!

Having driven a good few Troopers, there is no way one would give an S13 a hard time, regardless of driver skill on either part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

come on now lads, after reading this thread it just shows the same old $hit bickering that causes problems in all sorts of scenes across the world.
    someone is actually trying to do something positive for the scene in ireland, and that an attempt to advertise for it descends into a childish argument really speaks volumes about some peoples attitutes to modifying.

S.I.R your comments are ridiculous. Your first reply reminds me of the same stereotyping that is applied to the modifying scene by gardai and non-car nuts nationwide. Modifying is about doing to your car what you want, if you dont agree with it, tough coz it aint your car at the end of the day.
    and ill second projectgtr: what do you drive? what are your mods?what would you consider a modded car worth showing off?

Grow up.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Stick a few pics of the Teg up draffodx?

there in my original thread asking for advice on a jap performance car....

see here..... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055074925&page=7

:D

sorry for the off topic

god i love it when kids try to give us motor heads a hard time because we prefare to not buy universal car crap...

also @ colm_mcm: the 3 liter turbo deisil engine is actully fast.... i mean glued to your self whilest holding on for dear life FAST :)

Lets just keep this on topic now for the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

i live opposite the east link in D4..... im sick of kids with the over sized back box and lack of driving skills.... not to mention the " dance " music , crazy loud induction sound from the 3" universal air filter and the wolfrace " light weights " that they bought in max power where my oil slick gun when i need it ?? :rolleyes:

if you need any proof look on www.dtdirl.com www.midnightclub.ie etc

whats wrong with dtd irl

if you were a member on there youd understand that they are avout drag track and drift all held at track days etc and motorsport...

• Advertisement

track days ?? there all kids , i know you can drag race a integra civic or accords but ffs , who puts drift stickers on an integra ?? it annoys the life out of me !

its nearly as bad as sticking a NOS sticker on a mirage ! :S

if you guys are in Dublin port area of dublin 4 ( south wall / southbank ) on the liffey , contact me and ill give you a sneak preview of my rather shabby saab 9000 :)

its nearly as bad as sticking a NOS sticker on a mirage ! :S
    Not an issue if the car is actually running NOS

Re drifting stickers, just shows a person is a fan of drifting. a bit like a fat oul fella wearing a Manchester united shirt, he obviously doesn't play for them, he's just telling the world that that's what he's into.

Some Irish Retard at it again!!
    Hes just here to piss people off, if you have nothing constructive to say then take your punto loving self and take a long drive off the port in your saab and we will all be more happy!!

Or even better get your car ready for the next mondelo session (may??) and lets post some times, ill happily post mine!

and as for rwd drifting thats so last year!!:D
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUegaEibwE

and AGAIN i will ask you (do you mind if i call you retard for short??) Retard what do you drive? what are your mods? and where do you post?

Hi touge drift

colm thats the funnest thing ive heard all day!!!

i love all the anti honda stuff you see on youtube and even on forums like dtdirl and driver.ie.............jealousy is a terrible thing :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if you guys are in Dublin port area of dublin 4 ( south wall / southbank ) on the liffey , contact me and ill give you a sneak preview of my rather shabby saab 9000 :)

sounds to me like this gimps lookin for sum bum love.

draffodx wrote: »
    i love all the anti honda stuff you see on youtube and even on forums like dtdirl and driver.ie.............jealousy is a terrible thing :D;)

oh im really jealous of a 1.4 sotcki civic with a 3" tipped back box bought out of halfords...

if it has a tri-roter cosmo engine.... then id be Very jealous :)

copeyhagen - sounds to me like this gimps lookin for sum bum love.

@ copeyhagen: your how old ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

projectgtr wrote: »
    Some Irish Retard at it again!!
    Hes just here to piss people off, if you have nothing constructive to say then take your punto loving self and take a long drive off the port in your saab and we will all be more happy!!

Or even better get your car ready for the next mondelo session (may??) and lets post some times, ill happily post mine!

and as for rwd drifting thats so last year!!:D
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=EFUegaEibwE

and AGAIN i will ask you (do you mind if i call you retard for short??) Retard what do you drive? what are your mods? and where do you post?

Hi touge drift

colm thats the funnest thing ive heard all day!!!

That RWD EF Civic is teh sex!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

contact me and ill give you a sneak preview of my rather shabby saab 9000 :)

Cool i'll bring the pipe slippers and zimmer frame..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if it has a tri-roter cosmo engine.... then id be Very jealous :)
    @ copeyhagen: your how old ??

old enough to know how to spell rotor.

• Advertisement

SaxoDuff wrote: »
    That RWD EF Civic is teh sex!!:eek:

Its FWD! thats my point ;)

And Retard avoiding everything i say again, slagging off civics when your crappy 2.0 put out 150bhp from new (prob about 100bhp or less by now:D) while my 1.6 puts out well over that not to mention your car is FAT!! and as for draffodx`s car you couldnt even dream of owning one let alone insure it, now get your ass back to school and get the head down for your JC and stop trying to cause arguements.

Im not a total honda head, i realy like hondas but i can appreciate any "good" car and can see potential in most stock cars even (i hate to say it) SiR`s car.

Advertisement