Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inkwell Tattoo

Options
  • 10-10-2007 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Ah Jaysus howehyes?

John (until recently working in Celestial Ring abbey street) is opening a tattoo studio at 41 Arran Quay, ie the shop to the left of the Voodoo Lounge. It's sparkly new, spacious, clean, and best of all, has John in it. We would very much like it if you would givus an aul visit, cast you eye about the place and check it out. We are hoping to be all systems go by saturday.... don't leave us drinking tea and swearing all by ourselves....

Pictures up in a few days.

-erin

(ah, don't lie to yourself, there isn't so much to be doing in town that you couldn't take a peek.....)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

might pop in just to take a peek at the new shop (noesy-ness) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

hot2def wrote:
    Ah Jaysus howehyes?

John (until recently working in Celestial Ring abbey street) is opening a tattoo studio at 41 Arran Quay, ie the shop to the left of the Voodoo Lounge. It's sparkly new, spacious, clean, and best of all, has John in it. We would very much like it if you would givus an aul visit, cast you eye about the place and check it out. We are hoping to be all systems go by saturday.... don't leave us drinking tea and swearing all by ourselves....

-erin

(ah, don't lie to yourself, there isn't so much to be doing in town that you couldn't take a peek.....)
    Thanks for the heads up, AFAIR it was him who did the UV tattoo for me so since I plan to get at least another one before Xmas and probably 2 black ink ones I'll probably pop along to this place as if it was him I was happy enough with his work last December.

... now I just have to figure out where this "Voodoo Lounge" is... lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

voodooLounge.jpg

tada

Also, Mark from Celestial will be piercing from Inkwell, althought I'll have to come back with which days.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

hot2def wrote:
    Ah Jaysus howehyes?

-erin

woo - I'm looking forward to getting my new tattoo's done in this new shiny place of greatness :D

we are snag ridden, so it won't be open tomorrow. :( it'll probably be some time during the week, I#ll post when I know for certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

bet of luck getting it all together, hope it all goes well :)

will probably pop in at some point next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Just as a matter of interest, whats the staff list like? You mentioned John (who I've wanted a piece by for a while now so I'll def be paying a visit), and Mark, my favourite piercer ever. Any other artists or apprentices?

I'll be working there too. That's it for the moment, I'll let you all know when the roster expands... :)

Will you guys have a decent selection of jewellery? The only place thats reasonably ok for choice is celestial ring, more choice! :D pwease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I second that!

• Advertisement

hot2def wrote: »
    we are snag ridden, so it won't be open tomorrow. :( it'll probably be some time during the week, I#ll post when I know for certain.

They had to fumagate... they'll worry about the rats later, afterall dinner is dinner...:p

What's the name of the place anyway?

inkwell tattoo....

*is apparently still waking up*
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Is there anywhere online that I can see John's work? The only piece of his I've seen is Mark's chest and that was excellent. Does anyone here have any work from him that they can post?

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

My ex got a calf piece done by him, it's sooo amazing, the colour is so bright, it looks like a sticker on his leg LOL......and the picture is really crisp and clean, lines are the sharpest I've seen in Dublin, John designed the piece too, he's just and amazing allround artist from what I've seen.

I cant wait to get work done by him, gonna get him to do my backpiece hopefully, I'm in the process of scraping together the cash right now. I'm so delighted that I dont have to go to Celestial either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

What days will Mark be piercing?

Hello again.

I don't know what days mark will be piercing, BUT we will be open on saturday, so why not pop in and find out...?!?

Failing that, I'll post up when I have the definite days.

Come see us, we'll show you around.....

So you mean Saturday is the grand opening?

I don't know about grand, since there's still bits and pieces to be finished about the place, but we'll be there, and I'm thinking I'll make rice krispie buns and cookies for the day....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Rice Krispie buns?!?!?!?
    Im there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Special rice krispie buns? ;):p

Im working all day on saturday! :'( i want rice krispy buns!!!!!!!! Hmm il pop in monday
    *hopes there will be rice krispy buns left* doubtful

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

yey free cakes!

Special rice krispie buns? ;):p
    Hmm... not like they're that far from the hemp shop....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

"more people will come if they think there'll be punch and pie!" /cartman

i might pop in for the rice krispies.. i mean look around! i mean.... can i look around while eating rice krispies?

The bun assembly materials have been bought, it's all systems go!

hot2def wrote: »
    The bun assembly materials have been bought, it's all systems go!

You just know she plans to melt the chocolate in the autoclave...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Now is there a limit to the amount of free rice krispies buns one can get?

good luck tomorrow with the opening, hope it goes well, il be in work but will pop in monday to take a peek about!

• Advertisement

There is NO rice krispie limit! REPEAT no krispie limit. me and the mot will stay up all tomorrow night making the buns! We will retain buns for the perusal of others after saturday! Come talk to us about tattoo whimsy! Chat about the logistics of tattoos that you're are not even sure are a good idea! We are thrilled to talk options! Talk to Erin about hamsters and Phil Colins......

Advertisement