Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inkwell Tattoo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Excellent, i'll be in this week some day, may even leave with a new piercing !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 E.V.G.

Is there a link that I could have a look at John's work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭SadisticSilence

Hai gaiz!

Not bad, I'm only a few months late.

Just wanted to pop in here and tell ye all that the website is 80% complete now! We're only about 2/3 weeks away from it being fully complete. It would be a lot sooner, but we're picky b******s and we're fine-tuning some animations and waiting for the hamsters and wheels to arrive. Gotta keep it powered somehow. ;)

Inanyways, that's pretty much it. And for anyone wanting to see some work, etc., there'll be online portfolios for your perusal.

P.S.
    First post!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

... will there be dialup friendly website? like... minus the pretty animations? im on broadband now, but i used to just give up when it came to any website with animation... particularly when i was there for the pictures, which already murder the puny hamsters used to run feckin dialup...

but eitherways, well looking forward to seeing this site... there is a bit of a tendency to recommend inkwell around here, so will be nice to have something to link to, instead of just sending people for a small hike down the quays.

Priority #1 is getting v1 of the site up an running for public use. (We haven't found somewhere to hide our pr0n, yet.) Howandever, I can give you a heads-up in the initial splash page: Don't wait for the image to load if you don't have broadband. It will murder you phonebill and I don't think we ordered enough hamsters for that kinda stuff. Don't worry though! After you battle your way past this guardian, it's plain sailing with our largest page being 6kb and largest (non-portfolio) image being 30kb. I'm trying so hard to keep the image sizes down, but John loves his detail. :D

As you would expect, the portfolios aren't exactly going to be 56k friendly, but will appear in a fancy little JavaScript window. (We had trouble getting the masters to swap over to the various wheels, but it's all gravy)

And!
    NO MORE TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHERE WE ARE!!
    Special pages have been set-up for that.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Yey website... it's another page I can wander through in work... unless there's boobies in it, in which case websense will have a field day! Welcome to boards too :)

Priority #1 is getting v1 of the site up an running for public use.

naturally! defo lookin forward to seeing it. like i said, on broadband now, but had been working on dialup for a good bit, and god, it was a bitch. used to just open twenty new tabs, go out for a few hours, and hope for the best when i got back...
    Howandever, I can give you a heads-up in the initial splash page: Don't wait for the image to load if you don't have broadband. It will murder you phonebill and I don't think we ordered enough hamsters for that kinda stuff. Don't worry though!

ooh! an image! wonder what it could be :confused::D is it odd im genuinely getting excited about this? man, im a sucker to advertising...
    After you battle your way past this guardian, it's plain sailing with our largest page being 6kb and largest (non-portfolio) image being 30kb. I'm trying so hard to keep the image sizes down, but John loves his detail. :D

and detail is a good thing for these things, so bear in mind that most dialuppers will either just not be interested in images at all ( i know we used to just skip over most that were posted, unless i was in a particularly stubborn mood), or will stubbornly wait... either way, im really looking forward to seeing john's stuff online.
    As you would expect, the portfolios aren't exactly going to be 56k friendly, but will appear in a fancy little JavaScript window.

ha! 56K! never got that fast - 52k was our absolute best, though 10-40 was shockingly normal. god, i love my broadband. and am rambling again. sssh ni.
    And!
    NO MORE TRYING TO EXPLAIN WHERE WE ARE!!
    Special pages have been set-up for that.

awesome! can't wait to see it.

WebSense'll do nothing and like it!!
    Unless the image is tagged boob, or somethin completely childish and typical of the place. But it's unlikely unless it's a pic of Mark..

WebSense'll do nothing and like it!!
    Unless the image is tagged boob, or somethin completely childish and typical of the place. But it's unlikely unless it's a pic of Mark..

Are you suggesting that Mark is a big boob?

That must be why the boys like him :D

I never suggested anything.... Directly.....
    I also never said "big", now who's making implementations? :rolleyes:

And @ Crumble:
    You probably are a sucker for advertising, but hey, gotta get visitors somehow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm ashamed to say I haven't gotten round to visiting you guys yet...
    But I'll be in town tomorrow during normal decent business opening hours and intend to call in :D

Actually, is there anywhere handy nearby to park that doesn't require giving up a kidney to pay for during the day?

I'm ashamed to say I haven't gotten round to visiting you guys yet...
    But I'll be in town tomorrow during normal decent business opening hours and intend to call in :D

Actually, is there anywhere handy nearby to park that doesn't require giving up a kidney to pay for during the day?

There's a car park right behind it/voodoo, think its €2.20 an hour. Or head down to park in Jervis and get the luas to smithfield?

And @ Crumble:
    You probably are a sucker for advertising, but hey, gotta get visitors somehow!

ha, it's a pity im on the wrong side of the wrold at the moment, but been in a few times alright, and found it nothing but friendly and professional. gotten some piercings, brought freinds in for piercings and one in for ink, and anyone i've brought in has been well impressed too, and intend to go back, so i guess im prejudiced for this particular advertisement :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xefahx

how much is a tongue piercing?

OK!
    We've got the dialup version good and ready to go!
    It's just sat in it's itty bitty box waitin for the main site (which is about 90% complete :D) to get the move on and we're all fine an dandy!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

OK!
    It's just sat in it's itty bitty box waitin for the main site (which is about 90% complete :D) to get the move on and we're all fine an dandy!
    whats this?This has nothing to do with body modification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

its a website for a local tattoo and piercing studio

davey180 wrote: »
    whats this?This has nothing to do with body modification?
    Neither do rice krispie buns, bargaintown and the vodoo lounge.. :rolleyes:

But ah well... That's what happens when you don't read through the thread...

pwnd

Neither do rice krispie buns, bargaintown and the vodoo lounge.. :rolleyes:

But ah well... That's what happens when you don't read through the thread...

very sorry as i didnt lok at this thread in the beggining as they were posts from 2007 and never saw it as i clicked on the last post and got:confused:
    i appolize and as for the website good luck:o:o

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote: »
    its a website for a local tattoo and piercing studio
    got the message now thanks my bad.

Wilburt wrote: »
    pwnd
    pwnd whats that mean will?

uhm sorta an internet term basically meaning that the poster put you in your place, i.e owned you, which in turn led to turning it to pwn or pwnd

looking forward to seeing it, silence! :D

OK!
    Excellent stuff! Lookin forward to seeing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I just wanted to give a load of thumbs up for the lads in Inkwell. I was in over the weekend and got a wee tattoo done by Greg and he's really sound. He got me thinkin about a sleeve again (been putting that off for too long now) and was just great for a chat and a waffle. Oh and the tattoo rocks aswell. :)

Pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stella Galvin

Can anyone tell me do you have to make an appointment for Inkwell or can you just walk in??

Give them a bell and find out!

Ink Well Tattoo
    41 Arran Quay Dublin 7 Co. Dublin
    (01)8788118

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stella Galvin

Yeah tried to call them but no answer yet, will keep trying!!

Advertisement