Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inkwell Tattoo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭SadisticSilence

OKAY! :)

All systems are go on the site!
    There's still a few things being looked into at the moment and something's solved, it will be updated ASAP.

While the contact form doesn't work, yet. The script has been tested on a private pre-launch server and works fine. The only problem is that our host doen't allow scripts to be activated prior to testing it themselves.
    Typical... :rolleyes:

Anywho, get yerselves over to http://www.inkwelltattoo.net and browse about.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

congradulations on your new site its great.All the info to look at.Johns tattoos awesome must take a trip to Inkwell Tattoo in the future.Id give it 9/10 as i would give it 10/10 due to not understanding Wojt's info lol:D.Well done guys.

davey180 wrote: »
    congradulations on your new site its great.All the info to look at.Johns tattoos awesome must take a trip to Inkwell Tattoo in the future.Id give it 9/10 as i would give it 10/10 due to not understanding Wojt's info lol:D.Well done guys.

The text on Wojt's "about me" is Lorem Ipsum.
    It's a dummy text and it means absolutely nothing. The reason it's in there is because it's more visually appealing and natural looking to the eye.

Which looks better?
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut interdum. Ut tincidunt purus eu dolor. Curabitur tincidunt, tortor sed nonummy ullamcorper, nulla erat sagittis nulla, in sagittis ligula nulla eu lacus. Etiam id pede ut eros vulputate vestibulum. Quisque in arcu id mi tincidunt sollicitudin. Phasellus mauris. Mauris porttitor. In rhoncus libero quis lectus."

or

"This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

The text on Wojt's "about me" is Lorem Ipsum.
    It's a dummy text and it means absolutely nothing. The reason it's in there is because it's more visually appealing and natural looking to the eye.

Which looks better?
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut interdum. Ut tincidunt purus eu dolor. Curabitur tincidunt, tortor sed nonummy ullamcorper, nulla erat sagittis nulla, in sagittis ligula nulla eu lacus. Etiam id pede ut eros vulputate vestibulum. Quisque in arcu id mi tincidunt sollicitudin. Phasellus mauris. Mauris porttitor. In rhoncus libero quis lectus."

or

"This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. "
    ok ok 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Nice site, Ill drop into you guys at some stage soon to have a wee chat about the tattoo i been meaning to get for ages..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i was quite enjoying the site... right mix of friendly and formal, i love the designs, they look great, totally suit ye... but...perhaps it's just the popup thing, which ill check out when my b/f gets home (cos i have no idea wtf he's done to the computer, but i cant find anything anymore on it), but i cant see the portfolios... does the 20sec countdown, and then back to the portfolio page, minus the picture.s

edit: got em... still flicking through them, but im quite liking what im seeing. teh logos behind the images are a little irritating, but a necessary evil, i guess.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'd agree that the watermarks are overly distracting. Other than that its pretty awesome! Maybe some more piercing pics or a section for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

If coming from Cabra whats the best ay to reach you im ithching for a new tattoo

well, assuming the 120 bus stops around o connell street, or thereabouts before parnell street, well, just walk down the quays. actually, even from parnell street, you could easily walk it, assuming you dont have any big walking difficulties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Iv seen the mhap now id probably be better getting the 39 down to the quaysthanks anyway

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Maybe some more piercing pics or a section for that?

We're working on that now, but it's comin along pretty slowly due to Mark being away on hols. Don't wanna go putting up stuff he might not want up :D
    And I'd love to get a seperate section up for the piercings, but they have a different web designer making a site for V piercing.
    It's out of my control... :(
    marti101 wrote: »
    Iv seen the mhap now id probably be better getting the 39 down to the quaysthanks anyway

If you do get a bus down the quays then make sure you get off at the last stop on Manor Street before the quays, otherwise you'll end up down by the Four Courts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 wheresmysheep

How are ye?
    yeah i'm a regular in inkwell and the atmosphere is the best. i have only 3 tattoo's and 2 were in inkwell. got my first with them and booked in straight away with a big back piece, that john still has on the wall i may add :P lol
    but its really friendly and welcoming in there and they make everyone feel at ease.
    so how many of you have actually visited it? :L

i have, several times, and , oh god, even, while quite out of it, almost sent them a text telling them how i miss having a good piercer around, all this stuff i keep wanting done, but dont trust the piercers around here, cos was quite spoilt between steve and mark...

fortunately i forgot to add the country code, but god, i was cringing reading that one in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

what did you say? :D

haha, ill see if it's still in my sentbox and type it up for you when i next see ya on msn. basically waht i said in that post up ther,e but... you know me when im drunk, and kinda just love everyone.. and ramble.... im a bit pissed cos it charged me for the 3 or 4 linked text, but it didnt (i hope to god) deliver, cos i was just looking at the card, and wrote in the number as twas there, startin with 087.

Well, I've updated the Contact pages on the sites and you should be able to send them e-mail, etc.
    So now you can send them that lovely message of yours.. lol

As for actually using the contact form? Well, typical Eircom still haven't gotten around to activating our CGI scripts.. :mad:
    We'll just have to wait..

basically, you can tell mark that he has a guaranteed customer next time i come to ireland, so many piercings i want, but i have yet to find a piercer i trust at all over here. one, i was thinking kinda maybe... but no way in hell is he gettin anywhere near my nipples :P

lotsa good tattooists here, but feck, mark is well appreciated and loved by at least one of his overseas customers anyway :D (man, i was out of it hwen i wrote that original text :P )

Oh man.... I feel like I'm bumpin this thread because it's the only one I've post in other than over in Digital Art & Design and there wasn't much to do over there for me.. :(

But inanyways. I would like to issue a sincere apology to any who had troubles accessing the portfolio pages in the past. The timed popups were a bad move on my behalf and I should never have used them to begin with. The problem has since been fixed and all changes are viewable in the Changelog which can be found by clicking the site's version number (bottom left).

I have had news, however, that the portfolios are still having issues on the Macintosh OS but I haven't been able to look into it further. If anyone out there is reading this on a Macintosh with Safari and/or Firefox, I implore you to PM me about it. Screenshot if possible.. :D

The lads want your words of support, coffee, cookies, donuts, muffins, skin, soul, misc, etc... So I'm implementing a guestbook in the upcoming days/weeks. We still hate Eircom.:mad:

Toodles,
    SS.

The lads want your words of support, coffee, cookies, donuts, muffins, skin, soul, misc, etc...

ahh... i *knew* there was a catch to those 'free' krispie buns on the first day! :D

glad to hear you've got it goin so well. computer's currently recovering from a weekend of a 15year old playing guild wars and downloading pr0n (poor thing doesnt realise we can see everything he downloads :pac:), so the computer can't quite handle links with pictures right now, but will defo check it out soon as, and will, like most peeps here, im sure, gladly leave happy words on the guest booK :)

I use a Mac and theres no problems with the website, unfortunately im skiving in work now and using a windowz machine

• Advertisement

ahh... i *knew* there was a catch to those 'free' krispie buns on the first day! :D

glad to hear you've got it goin so well. computer's currently recovering from a weekend of a 15year old playing guild wars and downloading pr0n (poor thing doesnt realise we can see everything he downloads :pac:), so the computer can't quite handle links with pictures right now, but will defo check it out soon as, and will, like most peeps here, im sure, gladly leave happy words on the guest booK :)
    I am the admin, your pr0n will be assimilated, backed up onto DVD and stored in my filing cabinet for future..... reference. :cool:

And of course they weren't 'free'.
    They were filled with high amounts of caffeine and nicotine.
    Haven't you ever wondered why you start getting strange cravings since you left?:pac:

But Shhhh!!
    ;)
    Wilburt wrote: »
    I use a Mac and theres no problems with the website, unfortunately im skiving in work now and using a windowz machine

Ahh... The joys of wasting someone else's resources.. :D
    And it's good to hear. I was to understand the timed redirection popup didn't work too well so I replaced them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ahh... The joys of wasting someone else's resources.. :D
    And it's good to hear. I was to understand the timed redirection popup didn't work too well so I replaced them.
    Strange... when I was on the site yesterday evening, the timed re-directs were still in place... ???

Strange... when I was on the site yesterday evening, the timed re-directs were still in place... ???

The timed redirection is still there, but the popups aren't.
    So now you should be just redirected to the portfolios without creating a child window.

If that wasn't the case, maybe I updated after you were on.
    lol

Yay!
    Look at me and my double postingness!!
    Just lettin ye's know that ye can now sign the guestbook, and for anyone visiting the shop in the near future, ask Mark about his news article.. :pac:

I have a li'l suggestion - could sound kinda stalker like, but would it be possible to have what artists are in on what days? cos obviously people aren't working 7 days a week :)

...stalker!

Wilburt wrote: »
    ...stalker!

quiet you! *points and looks through binoculars at Inkwell*

I have a li'l suggestion - could sound kinda stalker like, but would it be possible to have what artists are in on what days? cos obviously people aren't working 7 days a week :)

Wow.... Stalker indeed...............
    And I'll look into.. Some more funstuffs coming along first.. :)

So, what are they wearing as we speak?

Aw now everyone thinks I'm mental :( *runs away with arms flailing*

• Advertisement

Aw now everyone thinks I'm mental :( *runs away with arms flailing*

"Think" is such a strong word....
    Consider it more of a "confirming existing suspicion"

Advertisement