Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skate

Options
  • 10-10-2007 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

anyone played it yet? im really enjoying it, got the hang of the flickit system very quickly. my only problem is manuals, i just cant seem to land after a flip in manual.

and now both magazines are locked by flip manual flip or similar tricks :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

is it better then tony hawk 19 or whatever iteration we're at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Much, much better. There is a more lengthy discussion in the xbox forum under consoles Jaggeh. Landing into and out of manuals is not too hard, a little downward or upward pressure on the stick and you got it, don't be too eager! :D

Fantastic game, unfortunatly I only rented it for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Much, much better. There is a more lengthy discussion in the xbox forum under consoles Jaggeh. Landing into and out of manuals is not too hard, a little downward or upward pressure on the stick and you got it, don't be too eager! :D

Fantastic game, unfortunatly I only rented it for a month.

interesting. i asked on another forum and got a similar response. of late EA have impressed me. they were smacked about by Activision for a few months and they're taking them on face first... but with extra bits and pieces (army of two, orange box, burnout paradise)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The Skate demo was really good. I don't like skating and got board of Tony Hawks long ago, but the demo of this really impressed me.

Unfortunately there's just too many other great games around at the moment to warrant a purchase of this, but if I saw it cheap in the future I probably would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

This is the best game I have played on the 360, without doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea its a great game... bit buggy but its great reason I bought an xbox for it!

Some of the achievements were so hard though!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

steviec wrote: »
    The Skate demo was really good. I don't like skating and got board of Tony Hawks long ago, but the demo of this really impressed me.

Unfortunately there's just too many other great games around at the moment to warrant a purchase of this, but if I saw it cheap in the future I probably would.
    Exactly my situation. I have to finish Halo, HL2, Assassins Creed, PES2008, CoD4 etc. before I'll get skate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Fantastic game, The size and scale of the city is pretty amazing. The ability to create a spawn point is a genius addition.
    There are some cases of slow down at certain areas when there are a few people on screen which can be annoying.

Tony Hawk wont be getting any of my cash this year.

Advertisement