Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII CD-ROM Problem

Options
  • 10-10-2007 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

I have FFVII for the PC and was working perfectly till now. Im at the end on CD3 but this evening when i went to play the game it comes up blank (can still hear the noise of the intro) and non of the buttons i press do anything, my PC seems to freeze and have to restart.

At first i thought might be the CD but same thing happens when i put CD2 back in. My drive seems to be ok...has anyone a clue what could be causing this and what the best solution would be?

Ive made a copy of my save folder.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sounds like a reinstall would be the best place to start. You didn't update any drivers since you last played it?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

I updated my codec pack is all but that wont affect it as far as i know...but then again i do have vista home basic so who knows lol.

Will try reinstall...though hate reinstalling games and manually inserting save files...it never works totally the same after

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Ive reinstalled the whole thing and cant even play it from the beginning now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

That's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Vista problem?

or try this method,i fix my old Diablo by this way:
    burn another exact copy of the game,then try to install and play,it worked!for unknown reason the original game disc was not working at that time on my pc...:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement