Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Friendly Rentals in Cork?

Options
  • 10-10-2007 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Thinking of relocating to Cork for a better job. I'm 26 and female and have two medium size dogs.

I suppose it will be impossible to find a rental that will allow me bring the dogs in exchange for a higher deposit etc. I'd consider unfurnished in a less desirable part of Cork.

I kind of ended up with one of them when my grandad died and got the other to keep her company. Now I feel I'm in a position where if I want to move somewhere decent, I'm going to have to rehome them,... which I don't want to do. :(

Any ideas or anyone heard of a similar situation? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

we managed to rent in Douglas twice with a cocker spaniel. First place was a dive, second place was in a new development in a house that was on it's first let.

Entirely depends on the landlord imo... I wouldnt bother with any of the agencies, they'll just say no because they don't want the hassle of going back to the landlord and asking. Both of the houses we got were from private ad's. You just have to find a dog loving landlord. I dont think you should be forced to live in a less desirable place because you've got dogs, you just need to find a decent landlord in a nice spot!

Have a hunt around daft.ie and make a few calls is what I'd suggest. You'll probably only get one yes for every ten no's though. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

While rents have risen a lot recently there is a lot of new builds coming on the market for rental as developers/builders can't sell at the moment. I'd try and contact the likes of Murphy Construction, O'Brien & O'Flynn, O'Flynn Construction directly and see if you could arrange rentals directly from them or put an ad in the Echo newspaper seeking a dog friendly rental.

Advertisement