Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was banned but ........

Options
  • 10-10-2007 2:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

I've recieved a 1 x week ban from Hagar on the Military forum. Fair dues I deserved it.

However, I was the only one banned out of three posters engaged in a "free for all", namely, Poccington, Flying and myself. We had tangled on a previous thread and it was closed.

My only complaint is that I feel they were egging one another on and baiting me. I am a big boy and should know better. Flying sent me a PM consisting of lol, don't know what this is. I've since put Poccington, Flying and Hagar on my ignore list. I feel a fairer outcome would have been to ban all three of us.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A link would be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

A link would be helpful.

Don't know how to :o

Military forum, insight into PDF thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I wouldn't suggest leaving Hagar on your ignore list if you plan on continuing posting in the military forum. You are likely to miss any warnings directed at yourself, or the general populace.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Log out and go into the forum and find the thread. Then post the link up here.

Log out and go into the forum and find the thread. Then post the link up here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055160341

By Jove, I think I did it, result !!!!!

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote:
    I wouldn't suggest leaving Hagar on your ignore list if you plan on continuing posting in the military forum. You are likely to miss any warnings directed at yourself, or the general populace.

I don't plan on going back, I think I was badly treated, ahhhhhhhhh,

Seriously, I was victimised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Going on that one thread alone you sure did deserve the ban, it was an unprovoked attack by you on the other guy...

Whatever happened in another thread (which got locked, right?) should have been left there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The thread was going along nicely. Bunny comes along with an agenda from a previous thread along and starts winding people up. He seemed to be just using the thread as an excuse to settle an old argument. I gave a warning on thread which usually leads to a retraction/apology by the offender but didn't on this occasion so in the interests of the greater community I gave him a week's ban to cop himself on. PM's passed between us in which I explained my reasons for the ban and here we are.

I asked Bunny to PM me when the ban is up, I will lift the ban when he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

You deserved the ban. You started a feedback thread to get 2 other posters banned or at least point out that they should have been. Sounds like a primary school kid caught breaking a window and ratting on two others that were playing football with him

Take it like a man,...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

some forums just aren't capable of treating you with respect

forget about it
    find something else

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

That ban was totally deserved - you came in acting the hardman and trying to get a few digs into people for no good reason. Fair play to Hagar for only giving you a weeks ban, I'd have given you longer for acting like such a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I feel a fairer outcome would have been to ban all three of us.

You - Hagar was very lenient in a 1 week ban. But then again he's a nice guy.
    Poccington - It would have been unfair to slap a ban on him. He was only standing up for himself after you kicked the whole thing off.
    Flyer - Maybe - He stuck his nose in when it wasn't his fight & lobbed in some personal abuse. Like I say - Hagar's a nice guy.

I don't plan on going back, I think I was badly treated, ahhhhhhhhh,

Seriously, I was victimised
    Poor bunny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Take the week like a man, soldier...

Couldn't resist.

Whatever your (plural) differences, on other threads or IRL, bringing them onto specific fora will most likely result in access being removed, even if it is only for a week (which is nothing really).

I suggest the Thunderdome.

off topic/ If you think recruit training is hard these days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

bunny shooter did you report any of the post you are now whining about ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

tired-little-bunny.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54150778&postcount=18

is to me the most offensive post I have ever seen on boards. It's not the most vulgar, it is because it exposes the mind of the person who posted it. If you are really a Corporal in the PDF then I fear for any recruits who have to suffer you, you come across as a coward, a bully and a nutcase.

I honestly hope that you have adopted a satrical persona for that post because if you havent, and that is what you are really like, then you are a complete disgrace.

I think that Hagar was well restrained, I'd have ****ed you off of boards in toto for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I have that strong sense of irony feeling coming over me after reading that linked post and what the premise for this thread was.

If you are going to adopt a take it like a man attitude, then have one yourself and dont point like a naughty schoolboy and say what about them?

I agreed I deserved ban.

No, I'm not as bad as the post makes me look.

I am going to take it like a man, and I am also man enough to publically apologise for the post here and now.

Hagar, I've removed you from my ignore list. Ref, your post above, I have PM'd you as I disagree with you're version. Feel it may be better to discuss this in private

faceman wrote:
    tired-little-bunny.jpg

Doesn't he look cute, just like me really !

this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54150778&postcount=18

is to me the most offensive post I have ever seen on boards. It's not the most vulgar, it is because it exposes the mind of the person who posted it. If you are really a Corporal in the PDF then I fear for any recruits who have to suffer you, you come across as a coward, a bully and a nutcase.

I honestly hope that you have adopted a satrical persona for that post because if you havent, and that is what you are really like, then you are a complete disgrace.

I think that Hagar was well restrained, I'd have ****ed you off of boards in toto for ever.

You are obviously qualified to make this diagnosis ? ;)

I am a nice guy, honestly, ask any of my victims ............. or should that be friends ? (HUMOUR !)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I've recieved a 1 x week ban from Hagar on the Military forum. Fair dues I deserved it.

However, I was the only one banned out of three posters engaged in a "free for all", namely, Poccington, Flying and myself. We had tangled on a previous thread and it was closed.

My only complaint is that I feel they were egging one another on and baiting me. I am a big boy and should know better. Flying sent me a PM consisting of lol, don't know what this is. I've since put Poccington, Flying and Hagar on my ignore list. I feel a fairer outcome would have been to ban all three of us.

471497856_4f2794cad7_o.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

for_B3ta_military_cat.jpg

Bunny has been in contact via PM and we have sorted a few things out. He has been reasonable and I don't think we'll see him involved in any more incidents like this. We all make mistakes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hagar, you've gone soft.
    Back to the Mod forum with you for a 'debriefing'

Ok, I'll go back but be gentle with me, these are my new briefs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hagar wrote: »
    Ok, I'll go back but be gentle with me, these are my new briefs...

You mean you don't go commando ?
    Well that is that fantasy ruined.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The cat and rabbit pictures are not funny. If you post them you are ***. Let no more be said on the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

darkman2 wrote: »
    The cat and rabbit pictures are not funny. If you post them you are ***. Let no more be said on the issue.

lol. Get over yourself. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The-Rigger wrote: »
    lol. Get over yourself. :)

Go on..........post a cat picture...........I dares ya!!!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I'd have given you longer for acting like such a child.

Ironic?

Advertisement