Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Audi's sold in China than US

Options
  • 10-10-2007 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

Thought this was interesting...

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C13526/
    ...sells more cars in China than they do in the United States. For the period covering January to September of this year, there were 76,168 Audi cars sold in China compared to 68,479 sold in the US. This is a net difference of 7,689 cars...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

BostonB wrote:

Very interesting
    When china gonna wake up, the world gonna shake...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

And by the end of 2007 Im reliably informed, they'll also outsell the UK leaving them Audis second biggest overall market only after Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I read a while back the when VW retool a factory to produce a new model in Europe they move all the old tools and gear etc to China to a new factory. At one stage the real boxy mid 80's Passat was the biggest selling car in China. Maybe they're all driving around in brand new Audi 80s now?

This was on sale in 1999. Not sure what it used to be.. is it an old Passat saloon?
    1999_hongqi_7220_7221_L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

JHMEG wrote:
    This was on sale in 1999. Not sure what it used to be.. is it an old Passat saloon?
    1999_hongqi_7220_7221_L.jpg

Looks a bit like an Audi 100 to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

No its an old AUDI 100 if im correct

• Advertisement

I stand corrected! But in my favour the Passat from the mid 80s is one of the most forgettable cars ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

It doesnt surprise me its actually a running joke with us I spent alot of time in China , especially in beijing every third car is a black a6, the majority being the new model. All the government officials aswell have fleets of old a new a6's.

Audi HQ take China really seriously aswell, I remember the Audi China guy is treated really well he even got to do the kick off (well rolled the ball to Henry) at the Barcelona Vs Beijing friendly.

The Audi range in general isnt that cheap either, its just that the A6 is very well priced at about 37000 euro (after good haggling) and you get the 2.0 T for that with alot of extras. This is quite good as you would be lucky to get a similar 5 series for about 46000 euro.

Its true you do see the old audi 100 around but there not sold by audi there a chinese manufacture who bought the technology rights from audi and sell under their own name.

tvr wrote:
    Its true you do see the old audi 100 around but there not sold by audi there a chinese manufacture who bought the technology rights from audi and sell under their own name.
    All the car manufacturers that set up shop in China had to do so in 50-50 partnership with the govt. So it's true is it not that the name might be different for the "joint venture" (if you could call it that) but behind it is VW (for example) and the Chinese equivalent of Fianna Fail.

Advertisement