Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acca

• 10-10-2007 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

My boyfriend is studyin for the ACCA exams in December. He is taking the profesional accountant exam in the essential module...would anyone have any names of books references or links to sites that would be recommended please thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Accountantmo

HI
    What exams he is doing in December-I mean name of subjects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Professional Accountant is the name of the exam also known as 3.1 . I am sitting it myself also. Its a new subject so its hard to say Im thinking best bet is do all the practice exam questions issued by ACCA and keep up to date on some current affairs and read the articles in the student accountant magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 houseystuff

Hi all,
    Shane O'Grady P1 lecture in GCD has brought it to his students attention that David Cambell, examiner of P1 has made changes to online version of article on his approch to paper. Ethics is a defo for section A (50 mark question)

Full article on http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_exams/qualifications/acca_choose/acca/professional/pa/technical_articles/2899124

Important bits with regard to change in green:
    "All of these preceding sections are underpinned by Paper P1’s important consideration of both professional and business ethics – Part E of the syllabus. Ethical assumptions underpin and ‘surround’ any profession and system of governance. The accountancy profession, just as in medicine or law, is governed by certain ethical frameworks that inform practice and guide practitioners. This part of the Paper P1 syllabus explores some of these assumptions, while also looking at some of the ethical theories that help to explain them. This part of the syllabus will always be assessed to some degree in the compulsory section of the exam but not necessarily exclusively in that section".............so its now safe to assume that ethics will appear in section A 50 marker

"The exam will contain two sections. Section A will contain Question 1, which will be worth a total of 50 marks and which will be compulsory. It will be based on a case study scenario of several hundred words. The requirements will include several distinct tasks (listed as (a), (b), (c), etc) and will sample the syllabus quite broadly. Question 1 might contain elements of governance, risk, internal control, and will include some aspect of ethics". .................unavoidable areas!:eek:

Thought i'd spread the news

Advertisement