Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

havin to re install/patch problems any ideas

Options
  • 10-10-2007 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

anyone out there HELP

every time (once a week) warcraft gets updated i have to re install the whole of warcraft, i click on the shortcut on my desktop and the box in the middle of the screen comes up as usual, in the very right hand corner it says downloading new patch and zips through the numbers then the window closes down, i use bullguard as a anti virus and have asked it to ignore warcraft but no joy, i love the game but re installing every week is doin my nut in, any ideas?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Uninstall bullguard and use AVG or something else that wont cause the problem. If bullguard is the problem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Dukebox

oh sorry my friends use bullguard and dont have a problem,

tx though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Have you tried manually running the patcher and/or patch from your wow directory?

Also, try running the repair tool.

Still, one of the most likely causes in this situation is the virus scanner. Try disabling it while you are patching wow or alternatively get a more mainstream one. I've certainly never heard of bullguard :p

Failing that, visit the tech support forums :(

Oh and what OS are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Never heard of it either till this post.
    Is it any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

BadCharlie wrote:
    Never heard of it either till this post.
    Is it any good ?
    Not if it blocks WoW it isn't :p

Anyway, I've had interrupted downloads before where as Ivan said, running the patch straight from the directory worked. If I was to guess what the problem is, it's that each patch is actually a different .exe file, so although the main WoW program is allowed access the net, the individual patches aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Norton AV used to do something like that to me all the time as well, when I used to use it. When I patched, it would automatically block wow because it recognised the files as modified - even though I had the program in the safe list or whatever its called.

As an aside, was Bullguard not the AV that old Kazaa used to use? :)

Advertisement