Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress Suit - Hire Vs Buy

• 10-10-2007 9:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Am in need of a dress suit for two events, just one week apart and am considering buying as opposed to renting a tux - I came across this site www.dickybow.ie while surfing and was wondering if anyone had used it and what the feedback was like

Also any thoughts on the buy Vs rent question? I've seen other posts with negative feedback about "Black Tie" but they seem to be the only real option for suit hire. I'm in South Dublin.

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭peterl

you could buy a cheap dress suit for the cost of two rentals but if you anticipate attending dress functions fairly regulary i'd be inclined to buy a decent made tux rather than a cheap suit. quality shows.

i go to a fair few formal functions per annum but i just have my own dress shirt, bow tie and shoes. i always hire a good quality suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭howaya

hi Peterl - don't know about that website, but if you go into any of the bigger blacktie outlets, you could check out the henryjeremyn tuxedos they stock for sale. As I recall they're a mid-market price (approx €400) and they look well. I'd steer clear of the tuxes in M&S. In my opinion, they fail to convince.

I bought a tux a while back and I'm delighted with it. I may be a sentimentalist, but I like the memories and past outings associated with the tux. Perhaps if I HAD to attend formal do-es for work it'd be a different matter.

Advertisement