Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which BB Provider to chose out of the following.. ?

• 10-10-2007 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My current and only ever BB provider is Eircom(since 2004). I am currently on the 2MB package.

I play a good bit of CS:S online and over the last year I have been getting an awful amount of 'choke' aka latency/lag.

I went onto www.broadband.gov.ie and have found that the following BB providers are available to me in my area (Palmerstown):
      [*]BT
      [*]DigiWeb
      [*]Eircom
      [*]Imagine
      [*]Irish Broadband
      [*]Magnet Networks
      [*]Perlico
      [*]Smart Telecom

Straight away I might aswell say there's no chance of me going with IBB. I would also doubt the quality of service provided by Perlico and Imagine..

From experience, does anyone know what would be the best option to me? I just want a good connection with no latency/choke (don't we all I suppose).

Thanks,

Seány

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Everyone raves about Smart no here.

I'm with IBB and they are usually fine but I'm having problems with Xbox Live ATM. Its only the second time I've had problems with Live.

The first time it was one night, this time its two days.

I use IBB Breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭wba88

Smart or BT do not go for perlico!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Thanks for the replies.

On www.broadband.gov.ie it says that Smart is available in my area, although on Smart's site it says it isn't when I enter my phone number...

Is the www.broadband.gov.ie the most up to date listing available?

I'll give them a call beforehand anyway to verify this when I am changing over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

wba88 wrote:
      Smart or BT do not go for perlico!

I'll second this, do not go for Perlico. Shower of jokers if you need to contact them.

My Da signed up for flatrate dial up for him and they set his username as his password and his password as his username. Billing problems too.

A lot of people also complain about billing problems with BT.

We have a Magnet connection in work and its great but it depends on whether your on their line or an eircom line I think for speeds and quality.

That government website is well out of date at this stage. I think the providers have to contact them to get in the listings or removed from the listings.

I'm sure although I don't know that they just take their word for where they offer coverage and someone in the government office has to feel like updating it before it gets updated instead of having updated promptly.

Advertisement