Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help...Please??

Options
  • 10-10-2007 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I recently bought a 96 laguna 2.0l petrol.
    recently when i press the accelerator there is no power and the moves along at no more than 10 mph,then all of a sudden the power will come back and the car shoots forward.the engine never cuts out or anything like that though.
    Any body have ideas what this might be?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

Sounds like the fuel pump

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

Thanks Ger,any idea how much this might cost to get fixed?Would it be a big job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Ger the man

I had the same problem with a previous car of mine. It was expensive (about 300 euro i think) but bear in mind it was for a merc so renault should be cheaper. Its a pump device that is normally mounted near the petrol tank, they wear out over time or running the car very low on petrol will run the pump 'dry' causing damage.

Advertisement